A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8OC - An update

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8OC - An update

Well guys, I think I've come back down to planet Earth since the Germany meet two weeks ago, boy am I missing those open roads, the great driving, the superb weather, the witty banter, and the simply great beer

It's been a busy week at work, what with a change of role just before I went away, and spending 4 out of 5 days away from the office, but that's another story.

The A8OC is growing, and growing fast. The trip to Germany really did up the numbers of paid up members. I'm glad to say that the registered numbers who were interested has now gone up from 43, to 72, and paid members has gone from 13, to 32. That means that the international paid up membership, outweighs the UK paid membership, and they don't get half the benefits!!!

I'm in the process of updating the website, writing the next newsletter (should be an absolute doozie, 3 meets to report on, and various other goings on too), negotiating with potential suppliers for club discounts, and planning for next years Annual Meet.

I am trying to increase the international membership, and need your input as to how we can best achieve this. Is there something that would encourage you to join the club? What is it?

The club is getting some great press coverage over here, with a full article in Audi Driver magazine 2 months ago covering the annual meet, and last month we had 2 mentions for our attendance at Gti International. Recently we've also helped them compile an article on A8 owners. So we're getting some great support on this side of the pond.

I am planning on holding an AGM very soon over in the UK, and would welcome any kind of feedback from you guys. Further discounts schemes are being negotiated with suppliers, including tyre suppliers, alloy wheel suppliers, and aftermarket parts suppliers like FK.

I look forward to hearing from you guys, and hope to see some of you joining the club in the near future

Below you'll see a trailer for the first international meet the A8OC attended...enjoy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y75s8RjsJ0g" target="_blank">A8OC in Germany</a>