A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aargh.... Trying to get a new A8L...... So frustrated! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I thought that it wasnt available here until 05.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer has eight right now unspoken for!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I thought it strange as well.....

Thanks for the advice - I hadn't thought about having him check their to-be-built orders. I know he's getting desperate to make a sale, in the past 12 hours he's called my cell phone six times, but only left one message - gotta love caller ID! Although I will say his desperation has led him to offer me $1500 off the msrp on the car in their inventory.

Funny you should mention going to the benz dealer. My first encounter with this salesman was four years ago when I was searching for my current auto, and I was considering the A6 - after two months of shopping and driving almost every car available - I ended up with an E320 wagon!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Apparently it is

He found me one with it - although the car is night blue with blue leather interior, I was trying to stay away from dark colors. However, the blue interior kinda intrigues me, I'd like to see it in person.

According to the Audiusa website, they show the adaptive cruise as a current option.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmm, I may have to revise my post! How many BIG Audi dealers are there? 10-20?
Old 03-26-2004, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Do you know the way to San Jose? I do :-)
Old 03-26-2004, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I havent the foggiest idea(and thats pretty foggy!). BTW,

you do not have to revise your post. You have a special exemption from the mascot! Oh boy! LOL
Old 03-26-2004, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here's what I'm looking for

Exterior: 1st choice Oyster Grey, 2nd choice Northern Blue
Interior: Platinum
Options: Cold weather & convenience packages, 19" wheels, front & rear partktronic, dual rear climate, rear lumbar, dual pane glass. Would like to get alcantara & leather door/console up-grade, but have been told the leather is definately out unless custom ordering, and I'd be very lucky to find one with the alcantara.

I am trying to be flexible on color choices, however, I'm trying to stay away from very dark exteriors and light interiors (I have two teenagers - enough said) And yes, the cold weather package seems odd, living in California, but someday I hope to live where there are more than two seasons.

I know I could live without the rear climate & lumbar, however, I have two teenagers who will be occupying the back seat - they can't even agree on what they want for dinner, much less how hot/cold they want to be..... Plus, I figured getting it pretty much loaded wouldn't hurt when the time comes to trade it in.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yes, I guess I have rare wants. See above post.

You're a realtor? When we bought our current house 8 yrs ago I probably would have driven you crazy. We searched for four months, took my laptop along to keep track of everything we saw, and ended up looking at over 100 houses. To this day, all I have to do is threaten to stop and walk through an 'open house' and my kids will immediately groan and protest!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default At least you're making him work...

i'm pretty close to a sales manager in one of your local dealerships. when it was time to buy my A8L, he went searching everywhere for one. turned out that he found one about ten miles away. he tried desperately to get the car from them but they wouldn't let it go. since i'm close to him, he understood that it would be ok to go and buy the car from the other place.

i get to that particular dealership and i ask the sales manager there if they have any A8Ls. he tells me that they have none. Rude! so i left.

but i called that same dealership back that afternoon and spoke to a salesperson. Told him i was looking for a northern blue with blue interior A8L. he searches and then finds one on their lot - well, i already knew that.

i go back to the dealership and take a look at the car. i sign the paperwork that afternoon. then, the sales manager comes to me and apologizes. his excuse? he didn't know that they didn't have any A8Ls in stock. yeah right. it's only the hottest car they have! no one was giving any of their A8s away. And the sales manager didn't know he had any? maybe it's b/c my age doesn't fit the demographics of a typical A8L owner. hence, his position was to think that i was just a tire kicker.

i suggest you go after the car you want. i could have let my pride get the best of me when i went shopping but in the end, i got my A8L and i haven't been dissappointed since.

Quick Reply: Aargh.... Trying to get a new A8L...... So frustrated! (long)