A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aargh.... Trying to get a new A8L...... So frustrated! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'comatose gerbil?!' - that's pretty mean...

but funny!
Old 03-26-2004, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Gina- For as good a customer as you are and for this type of car expense......

Yes, my husband thinks I'm a rare jewel too - very expensive! <grin>

The salesman and I first met 4 yrs ago when I was shopping for my current car. I drove about every car out there in my search for what fit my needs. After about six weeks I had narrowed it down between an A6 and E320, when I saw the E320 could be ordered as a wagon with seating for 7 I decided that was the best car for my needs. Now that my kids are teenagers, and not so thrilled to have mom driving on school field trips, and my son at almost 6' doesn't quite fit in the rear seat like he once did.

So, after losing the first sale, I think he's determined not to let this one slip through his fingers, I just don't think he's being honest with me - that's what really has me riled up.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default hey! I is a call-age grad-jit !! wanna see my trans-skript?

hee hee, that was funny - my daughter's been begging for a gerbil.

Seriously, I've never been a meek, little person, afraid to ask for what I want (just ask my husband) :-) It drives me crazy when someone tries to tell me what I want. My salescritter just hasn't figured this out yet.

I better behave before someone threatens to send me over to the off-topic board.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Oh yeah, he's working alright.

Yesterday was his day off, and I received at least 8 calls from him - my cell battery eventually ran out of charge. Today is also his day off, and he's already called my cell phone twice - before 10 a.m. - I guess I better call him back and see if he's miraculously found me a car. I'm just afraid he's going to try to dish me some more you-know-what...
Old 03-26-2004, 09:26 AM

You can do alot better then $1,500 under MSR
Old 03-26-2004, 09:27 AM

The coma was caused by eating too much. . . you know what!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:30 AM

Default Unfortunately. . .it is a male salesperson's erroneous assumptions of

the stronger sex. . .
Old 03-26-2004, 09:34 AM

Default You are nearly looking for Mr. Plum. . . no lumbar in rear (mine is immediately above my rear). .

and not sure on dual heat at rear (never sat back there). Good Luck. . we will keep our eyes open.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:16 AM

Default A good question for inquiring minds. . . in Washington State there are 7.. . . can't imagine there

being less then 200 dealers in US.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Just got off the phone with the sales manager

Searched, searched and searched some more - even searched the incoming orders still on the boat - also, no orders in production that could be modified. Still coming up with less-than ideal combinations. He also claims that it's too late to order a 2004, and that they'll start taking orders on the '05 at the end of April.

I can get everything I want (except the custom leather), but the car also comes with the solar sunroof - is this worth passing up on the car?

or

I can settle for a car with my specs, minus the rear seat extras & leather upgrade.

After explaining to him that this car was meant as a birthday present from my hubby, and that I didn't realize I had missed the cut-off for ordering a 2004, he agreed to call his district manager. He said there was a possibility that the district mgr. might be able to place an order.

The saga continues...

Quick Reply: Aargh.... Trying to get a new A8L...... So frustrated! (long)