A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABZ engine vacuum hose routing diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABZ engine vacuum hose routing diagram

Hi,

Can anyone share the vacuum hose routing diagram for ABZ engine?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

There is a diagram on a sticker under the hood in my car - not sure if you have one or not or if that would be specific enough for your needs.

Raz
Old 11-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Banned

Dreamhope,

Hopefully this will help you out. Let us know if you need more information, and we will try to get it to you.

Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AYS

Here's my 2002 S8 AYS vacuum diagram. I can't imagine yours to be terribly different, but look for a sticker like this under your hood.
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loree-AudiUSAParts
Dreamhope,

Hopefully this will help you out. Let us know if you need more information, and we will try to get it to you.

Thanks!
That's hardly a vacuum diagram.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S8ilver
Here's my 2002 S8 AYS vacuum diagram. I can't imagine yours to be terribly different, but look for a sticker like this under your hood.
Thanks,

I also found that diagram for the 40v engine on audipages. Since I found out the tear on two breather hoses (the front one completely rotten and busted, the back one connecting the intake has a crack at the neck), I figured it could be a good idea to have a complete checkup when I get some time.

Also, I noticed a vacuum line that's not connected to anything yesterday when I was washing and waxing the car. Want to make sure it didn't fall off when I was trying to put on those Philips SilverPlus turn signal bulbs.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I found one loose which prompted me to fix it; however, it runs between the eng. compartment wall and the fender - I can't find where it terminates.

If someone knows where all those components are (a service manual is on my to-get list) that would be helpful.

On a similar note, there is what seems to be a switch/sensor of some sort mounted under the sill on the passenger side right behind the ECU box. It has wires going to it and a long-ish, tapered white plastic fitting (presumably for a vacuum hose). Any ideas about what it is for? I'm not getting any vag-com codes pointing to it (but I did seem to have fixed my air injection system with the addition of the replacement hose, along with the two stage air intake flaps).

Thanks,

Raz
Old 11-14-2013, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Razman
I found one loose which prompted me to fix it; however, it runs between the eng. compartment wall and the fender - I can't find where it terminates.

If someone knows where all those components are (a service manual is on my to-get list) that would be helpful.

On a similar note, there is what seems to be a switch/sensor of some sort mounted under the sill on the passenger side right behind the ECU box. It has wires going to it and a long-ish, tapered white plastic fitting (presumably for a vacuum hose). Any ideas about what it is for? I'm not getting any vag-com codes pointing to it (but I did seem to have fixed my air injection system with the addition of the replacement hose, along with the two stage air intake flaps).
Thanks,
Raz
There are vacuum lines leading from the front of the engine to each front fender well...these go to vacuum reservoirs tucked in on both sides.

The vacuum diagram (should be under your hood) in S8silver's post is the same for your engine.

The part under the cowl lip behind ECU/TCM box is the temp sensor for the AC intake...the white "fitting" is the temp probe.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by silverd2
There are vacuum lines leading from the front of the engine to each front fender well...these go to vacuum reservoirs tucked in on both sides.

The vacuum diagram (should be under your hood) in S8silver's post is the same for your engine.

The part under the cowl lip behind ECU/TCM box is the temp sensor for the AC intake...the white "fitting" is the temp probe.
Thank you o wise one - I appreciate the info.

Eric
Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

In my case, the free-hanging hose is the one leading to the driver side vacuum reservoir.

If I'm not mistaken, the 32v ABZ engine has simpler routing and only one vacuum reservoir. (At least I couldn't find a hose similar to the last picture on this page http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...sereplace.html )

Quick Reply: ABZ engine vacuum hose routing diagram