AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d2-platform-discussion-8/)
-   -   ac drain (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d2-platform-discussion-8/ac-drain-2954958/)

profjobe 08-05-2018 01:12 PM

ac drain

any body know where the ac drain tube is located as every time i make a sharp right turn my feet get wet thx

jfrahm 08-05-2018 01:41 PM

audipages Unclogging the A8 Evaporator Drains

Y888 08-06-2018 05:20 AM

cost me 344$ for a shop do clean all drains,suck out the water,they had to remove blower motor(200$ for that),i was getting water on my feet too plus motors that control ac flow were making noise but after they cleaned it it stopped.

Don't H8 09-14-2018 09:33 PM

Ac drain location

The ac drain location is behind the console panel on the passenger side. All you need is a Phillips head screw driver. There's only one screw that holds it in. Once you've removed that panel youll see thick insulation foam under a wiring harness, lift the harness & remove the foam. You'll see a bright orange plug & it comes out easy. Anymore questions feel free to ask

spitanddirt 09-18-2018 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Y888 (Post 25191186)
cost me 344$ for a shop do clean all drains,suck out the water,they had to remove blower motor(200$ for that),i was getting water on my feet too plus motors that control ac flow were making noise but after they cleaned it it stopped.

+1

Only in my case, I used a borescope and a bit of patience to identify the drain below my blower motor where the leaves and other debris had blocked the hole. If I recall correctly, I used a set of "magic fingers" to get the thing unclogged. There was so much water, it was filling up the entire cavity around the blower motor and ECM box.

silverd2 09-23-2018 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Don't H8 (Post 25210724)
The ac drain location is behind the console panel on the passenger side. All you need is a Phillips head screw driver. There's only one screw that holds it in. Once you've removed that panel youll see thick insulation foam under a wiring harness, lift the harness & remove the foam. You'll see a bright orange plug & it comes out easy. Anymore questions feel free to ask

Actually there are two drains ... the same type on the driver's side too.

Any more corrections needed, feel free to ask :{)>

Photonica 10-07-2018 05:40 AM

Audio designed a constricted area in the drain plugs

There is a portion of the two orange a/c drains that were designed to fail. That very small drain tube is far too small to be reliable. Slime can build up in this area and it will easily plug up. Thanks Audi, I am well aware of your stupidity. You do a 'half-a-job' and think you have accomplished something wonderful. Overall, Audi is not a very good choice for the money.

ratbag 10-14-2018 01:57 PM

I always look forward to your responses.
regards, William, New Zealand.