A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To All D2 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All D2 Owners

Hello D2 owners!

I'm to an D2 owner. I have an 98' A8Q that has an ABT chip (discontinued) H&R coilovers, Remus exhaust and a K&N drop in. I love my A8, however one very big frustration I have with the vehicle is the very limited after market for our A8's. I personally would like to see more variety out on the market for our cars.

Example:
A: Carbon or stainless intake tubing
B: "executive style" body styling - not "rice" but something with VERY clean lines to enhance the front and sides. Something other than the extreme Hofele or RDX. Something more low key, like the older ABT or AvantGarde front chin.
C: Lighting: both front and rear, maybe some rear LED's would be nice or some "city lights" for the front lenses... You get the drift.

This said, I'm curious to know what you have a need for, what kind of parts would you be interested in purchasing and installing on your A8 if they were available??
Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an interesting point you make.

Whilst recently over in Germany for an A8 meet, it was interesting to see what was achieved by the '8 owners there, despite very tight TUV approval/testing systems.

You are however right in your conclusion. Very little is available for the A8 from aftermarket vendors. But, let me tell you what I'm currently working on for '8 owners as part of my A8OC work:

LED rear light clusters
LED DRL systems (FL & PF solutions)
ECU remaps

Things that are still a pipe dream:
Modified front bumpers
Modified interior solutions

These things all take time however, and also need a membership base in order to ensure that there is a worthwhile market to anyone who wishes to venture into aftermarket parts for the '8's.

Keep checking the A8OC website (link available from my sig) for future updates, and if you want to help then joining the club is the easiest way to do so