A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Although I don't always agree with him, I will fight to the death his right to say it........

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look....I didn't start this thread.

and I've asked that it be deleted, because it is slander. complain to the mods if you don't want it here.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default everyone here who thinks 'ohbw' is mr. innocent needs to read this carefully /\ /\ /\

sorry you got dragged into it, Kris.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Let it go-move on please
Old 10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: look....I didn't start this thread.

Well, you sound like an honest enough guy. I guess I'll take your word for it. Either that, or I don't have the time to dig through the the entire stinking mess (not that I could, as several sections have been deleted). Something stinks, and it's coming from your direction.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Default What about not believing what you read? Or don't read I should say...

Are we all to assume that we should just take everything a candidate says as the truth? Should I listen to the political ads and believe them too? I sincerely hope that we ALL read and watch the news as well as do our own checking into the facts. As for me, I am far more inclined these days to believe what I read in the news than what is spewing out of the Republican machine. I have not seen such a campaign of slander, insult and outrageously excessive claims in my 28 years of voting. I can't wait for this election to be over so that we can finally get down to the business at hand and solve this complete and utter mess our government has gotten us into.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Since my name has been brought up, I'll make a few comments...

First, he has no right to say what he wants on a private entities message board. It is up to the owners of this site, Internet Brands, and those that they set to moderate this forum what can be said. His right is not guaranteed by the constitution here, and any implication that he has such a right makes me worry that someone who would believe that could make it out of a middle school social studies/civics class with more than a grade of F.

Second, I'll get this one out of the way, I wasn't sent in, I responded because what he did in terms of threatening others on the forum was unacceptable, and Kris and Jason did the absolute right thing. I also take being called a stooge as pretty silly, as I'm just a regular poster who has been given a moderator status in awp to quickly delete personal attacks that sometimes get out of hand there, and not only that, but I am doing nobody's bidding, I responded because the issue was brought up and I noticed it.

Then we'll get to his points, such as:
<i>1. I dropped into AWP, observed chronic racist and other hate speech, offered to clock BobW for same after he suggested I suck my own ****.</i>
Well, if I had seen Bob say that to him, his post would have been deleted, and might have, as I can't recall every post, and strictly delete what I see, I don't click every single post, and neither does Jason or Kris. The chronic racist and hate speech charge is bs, and he knows it. The worst I've seen in terms of racism and hate speech is calling Barack Obama a Muslim, which while wrong and silly, is not hate speech or racist.

<i>4. I was notified of electronic requests for my medical records. PI friend in SF with specialty in digital forensics traces use of records to...you guess.
5. I do not threaten BobW, I suggest to him that he's playing with his medical license and his family's welfare, which, I trust, depends on his income.</i>
Now, anyone who believes he's got a PI who can track his medical records retrieval needs a psych evaluation in my book, but you all believe what you want. Being that my family has been involved in the medical field until 2 months ago when our company was sold, I can tell you that it's not as easy as he'd love to have you believe. Also, the wording of his "suggestion" was threatening in tone to anyone who saw it, and has since been deleted.

Then he speaks of advocating violence and assassination, which just isn't true in my encounters here. I have not seen anyone advocate something like that, and if it were noticed, it would be quickly deleted.

He might have been the greatest guy in the world on your D2A8 forum, but over on AW Politics, among a group that is known for taking things too far sometimes, he was head and shoulders above the rest one of the worst posters in terms of taking things way to far. And if he does come back, he'd better not return to his old ways over there, because his violations of the terms of use will not be tolerated, at all.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 PM

^^^^ what he said ^^^^
Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 PM

Default I believe it was Evelyn Beatrice Hall who said ...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Myself, many members of my family, and (I am quite sure) many members of this forum, have gone to great lengths, undertaken great risk, and seen friends and brothers pay the ultimate price so that people will be able to voice their opinions and enjoy freedoms not found in many places around this planet.

I will not make value judgements as to the content of political posts made by folks here at this time. I will merely state my feelings that I would like to see the account in question reinstated.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Bob can you look up McCain's records for us? I heard that he refused to give them out

Just kidding
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The lack of understanding of what the first amendment covers is truly disturbing...

He has the right to say anything he likes, but Internet Brands is in no way required to publish it for him, and that is basically what a forum is, is it not? Unless the government comes in an censors him, first amendment does not apply even slightly here.

Quick Reply: Although I don't always agree with him, I will fight to the death his right to say it........