A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a good # for AoA Customer Service??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone got a good # for AoA Customer Service??

I just got my car back from my local Dealership (I won't mention any names in case of any slander lawsuits, still not sure who monitors these boards, but lets just say I am in the Greater Waterbury/Watertown Area in Connecticut, and you all can figure out what place I am talking about) and got my '97 A8 back from the service department on Wednesday after they had it for the better part of a week and a half for the 60K mile service, plus a brake job/timing belt&water pump/major & minor oil leaks, several seals throughout.......Went out to my car on Sunday, and the battery is totally dead.....my guess, since it drained the entire jump pack from the guy AAA sent out is that the alternator is dead, or maybe the V belt got fried.....my question is, they had my car in pieces to get to everything they were doing on it, and the fact of the matter is I don't trust their service department at all anymore......I'm willing to bet they screwed something up when they put everything back together.....a little something out of alignment, or a belt a little off from where it is supposed to be, who knows, but this is not the first problem I've had with them, and from people I've been talking to locally with Audis and VWs, they are horribly dissatisfied with the service dept. also......time to make some phone calls, and raise some hell......

BTW, if anyone here is in the CT area, can you recommend a good Dealership with a, well, I was gonna say good service department, but right about now, I'll be happy with an adequate one.....I've heard good things about Fairfield Porsche/Audi, but it's a 45 minute drive (worth it if they are good).....I've tried 2 local independants with mixed results.....they just don't know the A8 well enough......

Sorry for the rant, thanks in advance for your help

Hem
Old 03-25-2002, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone got a good # for AoA Customer Service??

Hi,

Sad to hear that the service is so bad in the US, I hope you tell them some facts, so they have something to think about !

Best regards
SUN
Old 03-25-2002, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone got a good # for AoA Customer Service??

I'm afraid I can't help you. I need some help as well. If anyone in Omaha, NE knows of a good Porsche/Audi mechanic let me know. I had transmission work done by a national chain (my warranty company wanted it repaired not replaced). Once repaired, my A8 was delivered to the dealership to run diagnostics to verify the work. My A8 sat on the dealer's lot for two weeks before it was hooked up to the diagnostic computer, and then the dealership mechanic read the diagnostic report wrong. Fortunately the mistake was caught before unnecessarily tearing down the transmission again. That's nothing compared to my wife's Boxster, which spent 8 months out of the first year she owned it, in the dealership shop, because they couldn't or wouldn't repair the convertible top. I have other horror stories, but the point is I need a decent mechanic!
Old 03-25-2002, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Greg in NY

My business partner has used Greg for many years, and his brother shares the shop with body services. I've seen the body work, it's the best!

Greg is very, very knowledgable about Audi's. My business partner had a 90 V8 he worked on and now his A8. Here's his info:

AutoFirme, Inc. (dans@audifans.com)
Greg Haymann
Route 343 Amenia, NY 12501
845-373-0170
Greg is a longtime Audi mechanic and has that "black magic" touch with quattros. He owns at least an UrQ, a 5ktq, and shares a 5ktq Pro Rally car with a friend. He works alone, and always has a backlog of cars, so he prefers that you leave the car for a few days, which is sometimes difficult. Greg is one of the better Audi mechanics in the area, if not the best, and has a very loyal clientele.