A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!

How many of you have had nothing but trouble with AOA? I think many other people would like an answer as well.. In the summer of 2001, I bought a new A8L..The car is wonderful but that damm silver paint job stinks! The car does not match.. Some panels are darker that others while other panels are now flaking off and this has been on record with the dealer and AOA since day one! Also, the rear door does not line up right!After waiting 2 years for some jerk from AOA to come look at my car (because the position always needed to be filled) and they never had anyone for too long to look at a problem with a car! I guess they have too many problems too deal with! Anyway the guy has the nerve to offer 2 payments off the price of the car which would not begin to cover the cost of a good new paint job! I said no way and then he told me Audi would be willing to take the car back and have the whole thing stripped and repainted.. He also said this was better than spot painting because it would never match..He said this would take at least a month but I would not get a loaner car for the time..I said I need to think about it..This was just over the summer.. Now, I wrote this jerk back last week to try to resolve this and he wrote back and had the nerve to tell me this has gone on far too long and he never offered to paint the car but only spot paint it! He also said because it's been 3 years (but it's only been 2 years) he will do me a favor and take one payment off the car since it's now, an (old car) but I better tell him fast because this offer is only good until the end of the month! How dare you AOA! I wrote him back and told him how upset I was and now he will not even respond to me! You bums are the ones who made me wait so long! The stupid dealer said, it's not their problem anymore since AOA has looked into this.. Everyone seems to think this will go away..Well ,it will not go away! I just want my car looking right or they should offer me some more payments off the car so I can pay for a good paint job! I have so many Audi's and now because of being treated like a jerk once too many times I will cancel my new 2004 A8L order and NEVER BUY ANOTHER AUDI unless they take responsibilty and do the right thing.. HAVE MY CAR FIXED.. I guess I am asking too much as I only paid $75,000! I guess it's now time to really fight this low rent worm of a company! This could have been resolved so easy! I'm going back to a new Mercedes Benz this year and another new Saturn! That company knows how to treat the buyer right! They send me a nice gift every holiday season! AOA are you listing?? Take some lessons from the people at Saturn! By the way guys, my 01 A8L is always in the garage and has only about 15,000 miles on it! I treat it like a baby and it has never seen rain or snow! Does this sound like an (OLD CAR)??
Old 01-15-2004, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Wow.. im speechless
Old 01-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: SUCKS indeed

I can tell you're upset. You sound like me talking about my 1998 Mercedes CLK320. No Mercedes for me again... ever. If I were in your position I might be inclined to discuss my situation with a lawyer. Sometimes a letter or two with the right letterhead can trigger a real change of heart.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yep. Audi = great cars. AoA = atrocious company.

so, their sales volume is bush league compared to bmw, lexus, etc., and their resale value is equally pathetic...

which, frankly, i won't complain about... i could not have afforded my 2000 A8 new ;->
Old 01-15-2004, 02:17 PM

Default I suspect the lack of correction lays primarily at your dealers feet. My

experience with buying numerous cars over the last 40+ years, if the dealer sells alot of cars and can therefore pressure the rep., you don't have many problems. It all boils down to $$$$.
If you can document either with pictures or text this paint was crap early on, I would not let this drop. What are you talking about; 4-6,000 dollars to paint the car right?
I would be tempted to spend a few half days on the weekend sitting on the street (public property) right at the dealer's entrance, with a large sign inviting anyone entering the dealer's lot to come inspect the paint job. If you are on public property, dealer can't do a thing. After let's say 3 half days of that, I would call local TV stations, their consumer investigation division, and see if they want to put your picketing on TV. Obviously tell the dealer you are going to do that first.
The squeeky mouse gets the CHEEZE.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

great ideas. businesses (and audi knows this well) hate bad p.r.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Last summer they offered money off lease & to strip and repaint car and you said? <edited>

You didn't answer for 5 months so they said you should have responded to their offer and you didn't, so it's too late. Hmmm.

Why were you waiting? Any documentation that the misaligned doors or the rear clip mismatched paint was due to accident during shipping or delivery? Is there evidence of prior paint work? Or just a mismatch?

What about the flaking off-color paint? Did you use any chemicals on the paint. No one on this Forum has ever, in my memory, complained about a serious paint mis-match on a car purchased new.

How could it have been damaged without anyone's knowledge? Was the door alignment off when you bought it.

Finally, why not get it painted and send AoA the bill?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:49 PM

What was the rep's name?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default I believe his car was damaged on the way over from Germany

We discussed this before, and it sounds like it had some major paint work done on it before delivery.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:52 PM

Default Yes, there may be more to this story; there usually is. However, to me there were some

important points disclosed that I find no excuse for:
1. offered to repaint but no loaner car?
2. offered to repaint at one point and then reneged?
If those points are true; AOA has not excuse for not stepping up to the plate(damn I can't wait for baseball season!!) now.

Quick Reply: AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!