A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If that's true Paul, why would he buy the damn car?? Was it

discounted? All AOA had to do was sell it to Mr. Greenie; he would have repainted it several times just out of habit.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's funny! I think Audi was responsible for the repaints!:-)

greenie's car was the only demonstrator they had in the Great Lakes Region for months so they just HAD to keep changing the paint!
Old 01-15-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Good idea Mr. Buybeach. Post the name and phone number here

of the rep., invite him to post on this forum his defense.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

em, don't hold back there. Let it all out. Sorry for your troubles - sounds awful.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Since RICHELIEU is in the Northeast, he is probably assigned to greenie's Advocate!

He's rumored to be chained up in greenie's basement! I believe has was also seen wandering dazed and confused near Lake Erie looking for a silver D3... :-)
Old 01-15-2004, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
Default I agree...When we would get cars in that had been damaged in port or transit

They would try to fix them before they got to our floor. However, it was documented in some way or another. Any VAG car I've seen be repaired due to something happening at the port or in transit has some sort of paint problem down the road. IE, my uncle bought a brand new VW Rabbit truck from us, and its hood was damaged in transit from the PA factory. The shipping company (I think?) paid for the repaint on the hood. A few years later, the hood was showing signs of paint problems. The hood (he still has the truck!) now looks like total crap, but has not rusted.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:23 PM

Default I THINK SOME OF YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT HERE.

There is nothing more to the story.. Nothing at all! When you pick up a new car,usually you just expect it to be new.. It took a few days for me as well as the dealer to spot all the flaws..I did not see anything that first night..I don't give a crap how much time has gone past.. This has been going on since the car was new and I can take as long as I want to make up my mind as to what they are going to do! They also told me to just let them know when I decide! By the way, the first silver car that came in had dents in the roof and a crack in the grill plus a rip in the bumper so they had to find me another loaded car just like mine which has every option! Is that something? I'll bet that car was fixed and sold as a new car to someone! Why should I have to take a loss? If I ever wanted to sell the car someday, how do I explain to a buyer that the car was not hit but it's just Audi's bad paint! Yea, sure.. Would any of you believe that? Would any of you let this go? I don't think so! I know what I am going to do, it's just good to hear from all the other Audi owners to listen to your views..So many of you give good advice and I thank you all.... PS, To the guy who asked me if I used some cleaner on my car that may have screwed up the paint....Are you kidding or what?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default I don't agree at all

Why would you say that? You need the good with the bad.

He has a valid point and needed a place to vent, I know I'm not politically correct 100% of the time, I find that I screw up a lot more than I would care to admit.

I try not to bash people, I do see other regular posters on other forums here that really don't provide valuable input to a lot of situations, they bash newbies. But that's just the way it is.

And Vibrating4.2 had a car that vibrated. I can tell you that. Too bad AoA doesn't commission me to do a root cause of the A6/S6/allroad, I could tell them why it vibrates....but they probably already know.

pw
Old 01-15-2004, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

whatever. opinions of Audi (good and bad) are welcome here. this isn't China.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Mr. 2tonic Tim. I have only been around this forum a very short time...

so obviously am unware of the apparent "Bans" which have occurred previously. Your suggestion however, upon first blush, doesn't sit well with what I perceive the purpose of this forum to be. I see time after time, audi lovers come here for help. Sure it's mechanical help of some kind. But is the forum limited to just "mechanical" help? That's not how I perceive it to be.

Why should this forum not help someone with a "manurfacturer" problem? Let's assume we banded together on this or a similar problem and called the dealer, the rep. or aoa directly? It might make a difference if these folks heard from numerous customers asking for an explanation. Seems to me our objective here should be to improve the audi product and service. A lone voice never is as loud as a chorus. Please give this some thought.

Quick Reply: AUDI OF AMERICA SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER BUY AN AUDI AGAIN! BUMS LIE!