A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi S8 D2 Keyless Entry

Old 06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S8 D2 Keyless Entry

Hi guys, check this video. Guy has done somehow keyless entry, doors unlock themselves and he installed start/stop button. I wonder what do i need to do it ?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That whole set up is nice!
Love the automatic boot (sorry trunk!)

I reckon the immobiliser is either deactivated, or the transponder is housed permanently near the coil somwhere.
Then a push button, or even remote, start becomes relatively straight forward.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-key-Start-Igniton-for-Cars-Keyless-Go-Button-Start-engine-start-stop-button-/281049365203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416fd8fad3&vxp=mtr

I guess he used something similar. Automatic trunk release i dont like because it sounds too loud.

But im definetelly gonna use keyless ( which costs about 15$ on ebay ) and start / stop, its really nice to sit in a car just push button and go. No keys no nothing.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's some pretty heavy duty wiring though!

You need to get the remote unlock to turn your ignition on and enerise the start button (well, ignition-on can do the start button).

Those start buttons also seem to be a 'momentary-on' switch, which means in order to both start and stop the engine there must be a logic circuit behind it with relays, so you'll need to sort through that.

Those $15 switches from Ebay may merely be the switch! You may need to buy additional hardware (one of those 'Arduino' logic board projects maybe?).

Sounds like fun though - but I'm not sure I'd want to compromise the security of the immobiliser.

Off topic...
Serlock, I noticed your S8 is on LPG. Not from the UK are you? That seems to be becoming a popular option over there and a way to reduce running costs in a high petrol priced market.
Don't know if I would sacrifice my boot for the tank - we've had LPG in Australia for about 40 years now asnd it's always been popular with the V8 crowd. Had LPG on a Commodore of mine years ago (only a 3.3L six at the time), always a compromise for space back there!

Cheers

Marty

Last edited by twentysevenlitres; 06-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Marty, LPG is a good thing. It saves a lot money. I had A8 4.2 with LPG, now S8 with LPG it runs good. Yes, boot is smaller after it, or you can put lpg tank instead of wheel in the trunk....
Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Old news...

Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool, can we get instructions how to do it ? or a link to a thread where it was maybe described before, thanks

p.s. nice desicion on how to fill a gap between rns and ac, i wonder is this the same colour faceplate, if yes how it was done, cause ive just installed rns-e myself
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Serlock
Cool, can we get instructions how to do it ? or a link to a thread where it was maybe described before, thanks

p.s. nice desicion on how to fill a gap between rns and ac, i wonder is this the same colour faceplate, if yes how it was done, cause ive just installed rns-e myself
Used this kit:
http://www.advancedkeys.com/
The wiring, it's trial and error, I couldn't really give a true step-by-step on that, but with these wiring diagrams it can be figured out:
http://www.mitchell-auto.ru/UserFile...audi-s8-wd.pdf

The fob isn't attractive, I'm looking at options to make it look better.

The RNS-E I have is from a B6/7 A4 and has that aluminum trim stock. In order to fit the trim though I had to remove it from the unit, cut roughly 2mm off the back side of it, the remove the climate control unit and file the top of it down to allow the room for the trim. It's simply pressed into place. I used a soft piece of wood and hammer and tapped it into location.

As to the finish on the unit, I hit it with shoe polish then wiped clean. Looks close I suppose.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder what did you do with wheel lock and immobiliser ?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Serlock
I wonder what did you do with wheel lock and immobiliser ?
Several options on both. I cut off a spare key I had and left it turned forward. I then refinished the trim and blocked off the lock cylinder, looks like it would on cars so equipped from factory. I'm not worried about the wheel lock as I have air suspension and park with the car aired out. Control arms and tie rods lay against the body and the frame on the ground when parked, it's just as effective as the steering wheel lock.

The kit has an immobilizer of its own of sorts, so IMMO defeat on the ECU is fine, and that's what I did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi S8 D2 Keyless Entry