A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi TT s-line wheels on D2 A8

Old 06-14-2019, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi TT s-line wheels on D2 A8

He, I've got a somewhat rare 2001 short A8 with ESP. I'd like to upgrade the car a bit.

1. Wheels.... Anyone know how these TT wheel will look on an A8. Pics? Wheel Gallery? They're a near perfect fit so I cant be the first.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-AUDI-...IAAOSwSldczKb-

2. Brakes.... I've owned many D2's over the years, they all seem to have mushy brakes with lots of travel. . Any fix I'm not aware of? I've already bled with VAG-COM.
S4 master? I have 2 other cars with Brembo's and Alu hat rotors and the brake feel seem like it's hardwired to my brain and that's the feel I'm after.

3. Suspension... Front seems softer than the rear. I'm considering adding S8 springs to just the front to better balance the car. Anyone have thoughts on this?

4... Engine/trans...The 6 speed and twin turbos will go in when the trans lets go.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a 2001 SWB also. Wish I could find another one in great shape with low miles.

TT wheels won't fit, wrong bolt pattern.

Brakes: With a brake block or just some scrap wood between the master and the strut brace you can get great pedal feel. If you don't, something needs to be fixed or a bubble worked out of the ABS pump.

Suspension: S8 springs will lower the front almost an inch

Good luck with the turbo swap.

-Joel.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jfrahm
I have a 2001 SWB also. Wish I could find another one in great shape with low miles.

TT wheels won't fit, wrong bolt pattern.

Brakes: With a brake block or just some scrap wood between the master and the strut brace you can get great pedal feel. If you don't, something needs to be fixed or a bubble worked out of the ABS pump.

Suspension: S8 springs will lower the front almost an inch

Good luck with the turbo swap.

-Joel.
Joel...
The wheels are from a 2016 TT which has the 5x112 bolt pattern. Audi got serious with the TT for the 2nd gen so they ditched 5x100 pattern. I was just wondering if someone has this setup so I could see how it looks.

I already have the brake block. It helped but still spongy. I will try bleeding again.

I'm thinking of maching a spacer to get the right ride height.

Turbo dreams...maybe a crashed RS6 will present itself in time.