A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 Intake Options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 Intake Options?

So Ive been thinking about upgraded the intake setup on the S8...

Better air flow, and hopefully a little more growl.

However trying to find a production type part seems to be near impossible. I dont even know if there is any type of production intake even out there.

Thinking I might have to create/design my own type of setup?

I should be able to create something in the CAD program I use for work, then it would simply be having it made. I dont think I want to do a coupler and bend in 10 diff places type deal. But I might be able to get my shape from that, weld them together and sand and spray finish?

stay tuned...
Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by '01-S8
So Ive been thinking about upgraded the intake setup on the S8...

Better air flow, and hopefully a little more growl.

However trying to find a production type part seems to be near impossible. I dont even know if there is any type of production intake even out there.

Thinking I might have to create/design my own type of setup?

I should be able to create something in the CAD program I use for work, then it would simply be having it made. I dont think I want to do a coupler and bend in 10 diff places type deal. But I might be able to get my shape from that, weld them together and sand and spray finish?

stay tuned...
Good luck...the stock set-up is already incredibly efficient, if it's operating correctly. I think it would take more than an intake to make any difference...higher compression, bigger cams, etc...
In any case, your ECM and MAF are matched to present intake...both would have to be altered correctly (how?) to match any change in intake.