A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D2 S8 photos

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 S8 photos

Not the best, editing isn't so keen, but they're ok.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

What suspension setup are you running? What are the specs on the wheels?

Looks good and I like the push to start button and where it is.

Any other mods other than carbon and wheels/suspension?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by '01-S8
What suspension setup are you running? What are the specs on the wheels?

Looks good and I like the push to start button and where it is.

Any other mods other than carbon and wheels/suspension?
Custom air setup using Air Lift Universal struts adapted to the D2 in the front, Slam Specialties SS5 bags in the rear on custom mounts of my design, stock rear shocks. Accuair E-Level management. Also have adjustable front control arms from 034.

Wheels are refinished AME Shallen AX in 19x9 and 19x12, et 5 and et20, respectively. Tires are 215/35 in front and 265/30 in rear, sidewall height is almost identical and within spec for the Torsen. Running 4.5 degrees rear camber, around 1.5 in the front.

Push to start I think looks very OEM in how it's mounted and its location.

Here's a full mod list:

Suspension
Wheels
European trunk lid
OEM-look subwoofer install
True dual exhaust with stainless chambered mufflers, x-crossover, and 150-cell race cats
Shaved repeaters
Push to start and proximity locks (unlocks on approach rather than with the fob
OEM Alcantara headliner swap from a totaled car in Canada
RNS-E navigation with backup camera and AUX input
Rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights (light sensitive)
European rear seat refrigerator
Headrest TV monitors
Lower dash/glovebox/console sides leather wrapped
Gauge cluster rings
Carbon trim
Footwell lighting that turns on with headlights in OEM-matching red
All interior lighting swapped to LEDs
Foglights operable independent headlight switch
Yellow fogs
Solar sunroof swap
TT gas pedal and VW Phaeton brake pedal covers (brushed aluminum)

I can't think of anything else right now... I usually miss a couple things I've done. I have European bi-xenon lamps that'll make their way into the car soon, and I may go the manual trans route if the auto gives me any trouble.

Here's a pic of the struts and rear bag mounts

The car as I was doing the fenders... All aluminum tigged

European trunk lid and exhaust. Exhaust looks funny in this pic for some reason, it's actually much better looking in person

And the subwoofer enclosure with the fridge installed too

Name:  IMG_1886_zps04e34523.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  45.8 KB
Old 11-14-2013, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 71camaro
Custom air setup using Air Lift Universal struts adapted to the D2 in the front, Slam Specialties SS5 bags in the rear on custom mounts of my design, stock rear shocks. Accuair E-Level management. Also have adjustable front control arms from 034.
Wow custom built, I like it. In the end was it cheaper and/or better than buying a kit fit for the D2?

Push to start I think looks very OEM in how it's mounted and its location.
Difficult to wire in? Have always loved the push button start. This could join the mod list....

Shaved repeaters
Repeaters? what are those!?!? LOL

RNS-E navigation with backup camera and AUX input
I want to do this SO bad but nervous about pulling everything apart and wiring. Im not the best with wiring and know these cars can be a nightmare!! Did you do it yourself?

Lower dash/glovebox/console sides leather wrapped
Gauge cluster rings
Carbon trim
Footwell lighting that turns on with headlights in OEM-matching red
All interior lighting swapped to LEDs
TT gas pedal and VW Phaeton brake pedal covers (brushed aluminum)
I would like to see some more pictures of the interior. I want to do dim red lights in the footwells too. Thought that the first time I drove her at night.

Foglights operable independent headlight switch
UGH! You're killin me!! I want to do this also! Again, how hard to wire? I saw a thread on doing this a while ago but not knowing wiring well, it seemed vague.

And the subwoofer enclosure with the fridge installed too
yessssssss.... The fridge doesnt look like it takes up as much space i thought....... HMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow custom built, I like it. In the end was it cheaper and/or better than buying a kit fit for the D2?

At the time the only off the shelf kit was from Bagyard, and around that time they had an ownership change and issues relating to giving people what they'd paid for. I think Hardparker Garage has a kit now, but it's just bags over a stock strut, kinda cheap and not too good. This rides like stock but has the ability to go up and down. The struts are dampening adjustable, too

Difficult to wire in? Have always loved the push button start. This could join the mod list....

Wasn't horrible. Required a way to work around the stock immobilizer

Repeaters? what are those!?!? LOL

the little turn signal lamps

I want to do this SO bad but nervous about pulling everything apart and wiring. Im not the best with wiring and know these cars can be a nightmare!! Did you do it yourself?

Did everything myself other than the tig welding on a couple things. The RNS went in first, then I added the other bits. Wiring sucks, I hate it, but it wasn't the worst.

I would like to see some more pictures of the interior. I want to do dim red lights in the footwells too. Thought that the first time I drove her at night.

I'll try to get some soon for you

UGH! You're killin me!! I want to do this also! Again, how hard to wire? I saw a thread on doing this a while ago but not knowing wiring well, it seemed vague.

I probably was the one who provided the vague info. It was a lot of trial and error, but I got it to work. Then I found out there was a cleaner way to do it all with wiring on the relay itself, requires confidence with a soldering iron, though.

yessssssss.... The fridge doesnt look like it takes up as much space i thought....... HMMMMMMMMMMMM.....
The fridge isn't too bad, the problem is where it is, takes up little space, but it's valuable space
Old 11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/76267.phtml
Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Where is that relay located?!?!

And it says to solder a wire between 14,15,17 but in the picture, it seems like its just soldered to the bottom of the pin?

12 is cut off and left open. Easy enough.

Then take I would assume a decent gauge of wire and connect it to the points that you have cut off?

But 14 isnt cut? So just make contact at the base of the pin?

This will allow me to turn on the fogs no matter what position my lights are in?

Ideally I was trying to run as side/accessory lights and fogs on.

Tell me where to find it!!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

There was another more documented posting somewhere - when I find it I'll post a link.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

THIS is the one I was thinking of: http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/a4/fogs/fogs.html

Have fun - I will probably take the plunge and do mine (when I go to fix my cruise control module).

Eric
Old 11-15-2013, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the link!!

hmmm... It seems like it may be a chore to get the module out from behind the glove box??

But If i do it to the wiring, where am i getting the 12v constant ?

As per 71Camaro's post on QW:
"In order to make this all work correctly, I cut the wire running to pin 17 on the foglight control module.I then had switched 12v run to that pin instead(originally it was fed via the headlight switch). I removed the feed to pin 15 and replaced it with switched 12v. In removed the feed to pin 12 and did not replace it (that killed the lights when the high beams operated before, but with a constant feed to pin 15, any power to pin 12 would have been problematic)"

Not sure on the wording there. Is wiring easier to get to?

I have confidence in me being able to open the relay and solder inside, just wondering whats the better/easier route to go.

If i can remove the wires going to it, I would just need to triple check that they are the right wires!!

Quick Reply: D2 S8 photos