A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight washer popped out on way to work

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight washer popped out on way to work

ive had the car only a short time and the previous owner mst have had a problem with the passenger headlight washer. on my way to work, using my washers, the thing came right out. it was 4am when i got to work so i didnt notice till i got home. looking for it the next day, and this is what i found. anyone know where i can find one? ming blue (or so im told)aaaand i guess i cant download the pic. smashed to bits though. 2003 s8
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you can't find a salvaged one, depending on how much you lost...just the cover? ...or the top of the cylinder too?

Here's some part numbers for reorder...the covers don't come pre-painted new...just primed >>>

Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thread resurrection as it is relevent to my question...

Filling my washer reservoir causes water to leak out of the driver-side headlight washer. Any hints/tips/advice on how to get to that thing and look at it?

Second question - are there tips to aiming the windshield washer nozzles? I found that there is a tool to do this (interestingly enough) but is there a better way other than adjust - spray - repeat?

Thanks,

Raz
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Razman
Filling my washer reservoir causes water to leak out of the driver-side headlight washer. Any hints/tips/advice on how to get to that thing and look at it?

Second question - are there tips to aiming the windshield washer nozzles? I found that there is a tool to do this (interestingly enough) but is there a better way other than adjust - spray - repeat?

Thanks,

Raz

Usually you have to remove the bumper to get access to the headlight washers.

As far as aiming them I'd imagine you can just twist and turn them to some extent.

To be honest I wasn't even aware they could be adjusted.

Jason
Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi

As far as aiming them I'd imagine you can just twist and turn them to some extent.

Jason
Audi says there is no adjustment...aim is factory set, so long as they're mounted correctly.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

That's what I figured.

Jason
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jason
Thanks for the response, Jason. I've seen posts on how to take the bumper off.

As for aiming, I was referring to the windshield nozzles, not the headlight washers. I went out and did that today with a safety pin, so I think I'm fine there for now. I turned on the headlights so that the h.l. washers would get some use; I'm learning that it's better to use all the little doo-dads than let them sit (which means occasional runs to redline to keep the intake flaps working!!).

Still, it's a little annoying to fill up the reservoir only to watch the car urinate on the curb, lol...

Eric
Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Razman
Thanks for the response, Jason. I've seen posts on how to take the bumper off.

As for aiming, I was referring to the windshield nozzles, not the headlight washers. I went out and did that today with a safety pin, so I think I'm fine there for now. I turned on the headlights so that the h.l. washers would get some use; I'm learning that it's better to use all the little doo-dads than let them sit (which means occasional runs to redline to keep the intake flaps working!!).

Still, it's a little annoying to fill up the reservoir only to watch the car urinate on the curb, lol...

Eric

It could also be that you have a crack in the reservoir or a hose line. It's definitely not uncommon. Either way I would pull the bumper off and have a look.

Jason
Old 11-14-2013, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

It could also be that you have a crack in the reservoir or a hose line. It's definitely not uncommon. Either way I would pull the bumper off and have a look.

Jason
It's only leaking on the driver's side - I'll get a mirror and have a look-see. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Headlight washers

I understand it's pretty common for them to leak with age and trauma to the bumper. Trauma such as getting the bumper stuck on one of those parking place curbs that are so easy for the dear wife to drive over. I stopped ours from leaking without replacing the overpriced nozzle. I cut the tubing that leads to the drivers side nozzle, plugged it with parts from Home Depot, and no longer have that annoying dash warning coming on twice a week when the tank needs refilling. I feel the washers are a frivolous luxury feature that I can live without.

Quick Reply: headlight washer popped out on way to work