A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight washer popped out on way to work

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning-Audi
It could also be that you have a crack in the reservoir or a hose line. It's definitely not uncommon. Either way I would pull the bumper off and have a look.

Jason
Not leaking from the hose - it's leaking from the seal where the bottom part of the washer fits into the upper part.

I thought I saw a diagram of the unit so I can see what is going on - probably an o-ring or something, it looks like the bottom part just snaps in - but I don't know. It rotates a little bit (prevented by the hose). If it is just a seal and if that part comes off easily, I think I could do that without removing anything other than the hose.

Eric
Old 11-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Razman
Not leaking from the hose - it's leaking from the seal where the bottom part of the washer fits into the upper part.

I thought I saw a diagram of the unit so I can see what is going on - probably an o-ring or something, it looks like the bottom part just snaps in - but I don't know. It rotates a little bit (prevented by the hose). If it is just a seal and if that part comes off easily, I think I could do that without removing anything other than the hose.

Eric
It very well could be the seal between the upper and lower reservoir.

A trouble shoot to do would to see if you can remove the upper portion and just run the lower for a time being (cap off the top with some tap or something or a make shift cover and a zip tie so fluid wont splash out. If you still have a leak its obviously the lower section or something else. If its eliminated there's a crack in the upper section or it's not sealing.

Good luck!

Jason