A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a S8 D2, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ilver
The allen key drain is inside the plastic 36mm plastic "nut." This drains the oil from the housing, but need the 36mm socket to actually remove the housing and replace the filter.
My bad, I'm servicing it this week and thought I'd checked over everything I had to do! I have a 36mm socket, but will probably just use a large shifter - by the looks, you could still use a filter wrench!
Originally Posted by S8ilver
Ooh, I like that too!
If you still have your undertray in place you never see it though.
Maybe if the original ever breaks...

One of my manifold link rods was broken when I bought the car, so I actually bought a pair of those Gruven Aluminium jobbies!
The manifold flaps moved freely enough, so I didn't go through the whole procedure - And at $300 odd for the genuine repair kit, the Gruven rods are much cheaper! They look nice too (hidden behind the front engine cover...).

That is a great price - probably the cheapest I've seen for that manual.
But why, oh why, won't Parts Geek freight O/S!!

And with our exchange rate having descended through the toilet (from $1.03 to $0.92) in the last month, I'm after as cheap a price as possible! (In truth, $0.90 is about where it's at - helps export of Chevy SS's )

Last edited by twentysevenlitres; 08-16-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, thanks for the tips to get started with DIY stuff, I have a lot to process . I should be moving places in a month or so to a house with an actual garage, after that I'll actually start doing it myself, hehe.
As for the service records, I still need to go over them, crazy days at work! But since I don't use it much I'm not too worried not getting it done right away.
I have a couple more specific questions but I guess it makes sense to create separate threads for them.

Thanks,
Leo