I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots - Page 5 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots

A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots

Old 07-11-2002, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Re: I agree, too.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The European press is probably bull****ting everyone about the conservative design for the new A3

A lot of time any automotive press be it European, American or whatever is full of ****. Don't believe everything those people say.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Elder Member

Default me too!

i think audi did a great job. somehow i think some of the folks on this board would've only been happy if audi had released something even more hideous than the new 7 series. as it is, audi has put together a beautiful luxury car, and i my mouth waters just thinking about how good it'll look beefed up as an s8 or rs8!
Old 07-11-2002, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default like I said let's see which sells more the BMW 7 Series, the MB S-Class, or the A8

My money goes with the S-Class and 7 Series. You can say what you want about the car, your right, the car isn't hideous, it's not anything, it's bland, unimaginative, uninspiring, and not at all a leader in any way with in it's class, not in luxury and not in performance. The A8 is a very good car, but like I said, so is every car in it's class, you've got to be more than just good to win buyers in this class, you've got to stand out, and be great. But stay unimaginative, average, and uninspiring, if you want Audi the A8, and you'll continue to get very uninspiring sales of the car.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default See that's the problem with you fanatics, I'm an Audi fan, but I'll call it like I see it

I won't hold biased because I like other Audi cars, the A4 is what caught my attention at 16, it was innovative, bright, and interesting, and very inspiring, and I had know idea who made the car, but I loved. From then on, I became an Audi, and they continued to step up to the plate, the A6, the TT, and concepts such as Avantissimo and RSR, are the raves of the town. Know one will be raving about the A8, it will be a good, average, safe creation, it will do nothing for the momentum Audi has built. And I'm not afraid to say so.

I could care less, about, "not being critical", I call it like I see it, if your to narrow of thought to be unbiased, and critical, well that's your prerogative. But, let me tell, you there have been very few success in the world had buy being narrow of scope and thought.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No, I'm in America, u may be correct, I distinctly remember the S 600

was what I sat in at the dealership the other day. But, the point is that the A8, doesn't come with this extraneous detail in any model. Bottom line is the luxury thus far afforded in the MB is just not available in the A8. Or perhaps, I can not make that statement yet, because I haven't sat in new A8.

Look to be fair, I will hold off, all further complaints until I physically have a chance to sit in the New A8, and you will open your mind, to reason, an unbiased opinion? Is that fair?

Because ultimately, I'm about truth, looking at the car I don't like it, but I haven't seen it in person, so I'll hold off further judgement, because that will be the only way to really know.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:17 AM

Default Re: I disagree 100% with your disagreement

"3 year old" S-class has the best interior bar none, with stiched dashboard or not. Current A8's comes last IMO after S-class, new/old 7-series, Infiniti Q45 and Lexus LS430. In the new A8's interior I see nothing to change this order.
BTW, I actually like it on the outside from all angles, while I like current A8 only from side & rear.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:22 AM
Elder Member

time will tell.
Old 07-12-2002, 06:49 AM

Default LS430 better than new A8...are you kidding me?

Please listen to yourself. The Lexus LS430 is the most boring car on the planet. It has nothing that makes it stand out and say that it is more advanced, or better looking than anything in that class. So what the seats have massage, well the BMW has it and I am sure Audi will have it. The Lexus has a cooler in back, the BMW has that too, and it is stupid. The Lexus looks almost exactly like the Toyota Avalon that it was based off of, boring, uninspiring and less than average. It is a bullet proof quality car, is smooth and that is all it has going for it. If you like the lexus then you obviously have never liked any Audi, BMW or even Merc for that matter. The lexus is a perfect example of senseless nothingness.

As for the new A8 not having the same interior as the Avantissmo, have you looked at the pictures? Sure it doesn't have the same doors, and sure the controls might be in slightly different places but overall it is pretty damned close and a good integration of concept styling and practical production. The steering wheel is the same, the center console is almost the same, major differences are the aluminum gate and slightly different positioning of controls, the HVAC controls are the same, the Nav screen is the same just not under that hood. The gauges are almost the same too, they are just all separately surrounded by wood trim. Look harder, you will see it is a marvelous interior.

I was disappointed by the exterior as well though. The front end especially, it does look like the phanteon / passat. But the side looks good as well as the back. If it has the same aggressive rear stance as the last A8 the car will be great. I also felt uninspired by the new A4 in pictures, now when I see it on the road it looks more aggressive than any other car in its class. I have a feeling the A8 will be the same. Hold your judgment until you see it.

A4EP
Old 07-12-2002, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

going by what time has told in the past, I wouldn't bet on the A8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think Audi needs a redesign on the redesign of the A8 before it hits the market!!! The spy shots

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: