A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Term Tozo Valve Body Modification Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Long Term Tozo Valve Body Modification Update

Would I want to go back: No way.

Has the torque converter dropped out of lockout on the highway once in the past 30 days/1500 miles? Not once.

Can I tell it's locked up tight, maybe a little tighter than stock: Yes

Did it get rid of the hunting at low speeds: No, but I'm going back today for Stage II mod....he said this should get rid of that.

I have to say that Gabor did a knock up job of sticking with it and determining what is wrong with the valve body and corrective action.

Hopefully the hunting will be cured after today's mod.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long Term Tozo Valve Body Modification Update

Great news indeed for many of us and kudos to Tozo as well as yourself. Maybe the resale value of our cars will improve by at least $12.47!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Gabor, any thoughts on how you'll handle additional requests?

I know we all fully appreciate the work you've put into this, and as we've pretty much all agreed, you should be able to capitalize on this- as opposed to just giving away the secrets

Are you just handling local jobs? Will you be accepting units shipped to you to be "Tozoed"?
If so, what are one's options on how to proceed:
-Pull the VB and send it over?
-Buy a new, used, or rebuilt pre-facelift VB and send it?
-Buy a new, used, or rebuilt facelift version of the VB (would that work, and/or would it not need modification?)
-would you be willing/able to source donor (new/used/rebuilt) unit if we fronted the money for it?
-other?

For instance, I don't think I would be able to lay my car up for a week to pull the VB, ship it, get it "Tozoed", get it shipped back. Especially if I were to have a shop do the pull/install. Whereas if I obtained an "extra" one, send that for modification, I could just take it to the shop and say "here, put this in".

I'd love to have mine done if I am to keep the car, or if I was to sell it to someone I know/don't hate

Your thoughts/comments/ideas?

Tony Z
Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Long Term Tozo Valve Body Modification Update

What are your feelings on the Throttle Position Sensor replacement at this point?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Default I also would like to know how to get this done...

Tozo, you may need some mass production processes.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That is GREAT NEWS Paul. Please let us know how "Stage II" pans out...

I am very excited to get mine Tozo'ed, especially with a "STAGE II"...whatever the hell that is...who cares. I am SICK of fighting my car day in and day out on my commute...having to blip the gas to get it to up shift, having it constantly in too high a gear (ie. 4th or 5th at like 30mph), TC dropping out at 60mph on the highway, etc. I hope that this mod can save me from a tranny rebuild down the road...C'mon Tax Return!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default A few notes from tonight

Gabor did the "stage II" mod, for lack of better words.

My hunting is not gone, but it has changed. When the first mod was completed (which fixed the TC dropout on the highway), I could feel the whole TC being tighter.

The hunting went from a long period between hunts (1 second or so) to a shorter period (0.5 seconds or so).

With the adjustment tonight, it returned to the longer period, so a little more adjustment is in the works....just not tonight.

On the highway, it now transitions from a gas on pedal to a foot off the gas pedal super smooth where before it was more like a manual transmission and lifting on the gas.

I think what Gabor did tonight increased the slip of the torque converter just a touch.

More to come.....we'll work on it.

Gabor definitely has the dropout on the highway cured.....just to work on the hunting now.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am a LITTLE disappointed with my performance tonight.

I did a same thing that I've done on other cars and yours just want to give me a hard time. It reacts differently. At one point we were thinking it has engine hesitation. It shifts into 4th at 35mph and if you let it down to 30 in 4th it is below the 4th shift point and 1000rpm is just confusing things. Next time I am not going to let you leave before we fix it for good. I need to get out my notes and figure out what else could it be.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I am a LITTLE disappointed with my performance tonight.

... I'll buy the Starbucks and the pizza, you guys are great!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: A8 klima

Hi Paul
Did you ever resolve the problem with the climate-panel, I mean upgrading to the
Facelift panel and the problem with temperature and speed signal?

Best regards

Peter

Quick Reply: Long Term Tozo Valve Body Modification Update