A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to fix plastic door blade.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Need to fix plastic door blade.

Hey D2 Owners,

At some point in time, the front driver's side and front passenger's side door blades have come unclipped/broken. It's just one clip on each side; the clip closes to the rear doors. See attached photo for reference.

I have sometime this weekend and I have wanted to fix this since I got my D2.

Any input on how to fix would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey D2 Owners,

I didn't find much for tutorials online for blade removal/fix so I decided to tackle the job on my own. While making the fix, I took some photos to document the process and hopefully help anyone who has to take on this job in the future.

It took me about an hour to do both front doors. While the blades were off I cleaned the door edge and blade. Wow were they dirty. Something interesting I noticed while doing the job was it looks like somebody else had fix one of the blades before me. I'm guessing it's the driver's side, as they are blue clips and the passenger's side is black clips.

To recap: The front driver's side and front passenger's side door blades have come unclipped/broken. It's just one clip on each side; the clip closes to the rear doors.
Attached Images      
Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Own a year 2000 A8 4.2 quattro and have had the same problem but did not know where to source the new clips from ( Live in Durban South Africa) so used some quick tack type of glue which held them in place. The design of the front strips causes a problem because the edges of the strips protrude past the edge of the front doors so if trying to get out of the car, in a tight spot where one can not open the door wide enough, then it is too easy to bump in to the strip and push it off the mounting clips - not a good design methinks! Your step by step fixing procedure, with pictures is very helpful to us D2 owners for the future. Thanks.
The following users liked this post:
misterA8 (07-30-2019)
Old 10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blue clips are available on GAP for a few $...quite an easy fix if you know about the screws and sliding removal. I thought the hardest part of the job was popping the new clip in place; they take quite a bit of force to snap in.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade clips

Originally Posted by S8ilver
The blue clips are available on GAP for a few $...quite an easy fix if you know about the screws and sliding removal. I thought the hardest part of the job was popping the new clip in place; they take quite a bit of force to snap in.
Hi,
Can anyone post a link where I could buy those blade clips ?
Thanks in advance !
Old 10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zumzum
Hi,
Can anyone post a link where I could buy those blade clips ?
Thanks in advance !
See link below for clip. It's number 5 on the list.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...molding%20clip

If you only have one clip broken and it's on the end of the blade, you can take one of the "good" clips in the middle of the blade and change it out with the broken clip. Problem solved : )
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
See link below for clip. It's number 5 on the list.

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...molding%20clip

If you only have one clip broken and it's on the end of the blade, you can take one of the "good" clips in the middle of the blade and change it out with the broken clip. Problem solved : )
Thank you !

Do you know , by any chance , where can I find the Fog Light Grille or Lower Bumper Grille for my Audi A8 2001 (Driver side )

Thank you , again and have a great day ( evening )!
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Fog Light Grille:
http://www.europaparts.com/a8/d2/v8-...ubcategory=226

Lower Bumper Grille: Check these guys. It'll be used but the price will be much lower.
http://www.shokan.com/
Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
Fog Light Grille:
http://www.europaparts.com/a8/d2/v8-...ubcategory=226

Lower Bumper Grille: Check these guys. It'll be used but the price will be much lower.
http://www.shokan.com/
'01 should have the one piece grill with fog light cut out...mine does...much harder to find used...not cheap new, but available at any oem supplier, like genuineaudiparts.com
Old 09-14-2016, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

which one in the part diagram is actually the blade?

Quick Reply: Need to fix plastic door blade.