A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2000, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi

I want to have an S8. I've located a private sale of one in the Bay Area ....only 6k miles. The guy is getting a divorce, wants to keep the deal fast and simple, and will let it go for a song (so to speak). I will view it this weekend.

If you were purchasing a used S8 what you would look for. Are there any real problems to be aware of?

All help is appreciated.
Old 03-21-2000, 06:11 PM
mrw
AudiWorld Member

Did he import it?
Old 03-21-2000, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Did he import it?

I'm under the impression that this is the only way you can get this here in the States. Though, I really don't know.

That's why I need to know as much as possible about an S8. I'm doing my homework and I'll know more later.
Old 03-22-2000, 04:32 AM

Ask Charles for some good S8 advice :P
Old 03-22-2000, 04:48 AM
mrw
AudiWorld Member

Default I would ask 'Cameron'...

He has a family friend that imported one. I haven't seen him on the forums lately. Cameron, you still here?
Old 03-22-2000, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Ask Charles for some good S8 advice :P

Get the VIN...

Charles
Old 03-22-2000, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi

In the Vette NG we are yet to se aven a picture of your "Lingenfelter" C5. Stop bothering people and buy yourself a potty. You are wasting space and time.

Charles<ul><li><a href="http://www.aircrewtax.com/pers/index.htm">My collection</a></li></ul>
Old 03-22-2000, 05:35 AM

I asked a serious question about an impending purchase of an S8. But, since you can't help but be your usual pompous self, let's talk about the no-show for so many races it's not funny. Want to look at my C5? Show up anytime at the Glen or near Dover this year. Same invitation you declined four times last year. You are such a coward. And last, if anyone needs his or her credibility checked, it is you. Most people know you for who you really are...a master BS'r with story upon story of fast cars, big money and phony 200 MPH speedo pictures. [Really amateurish photo shop work Chuck]

If you have something constructive to say that will help me with this purchase, fine. Otherwise why not just do what you have been doing whenever I have been in your neighborhood and challenge you to race your C5 at the track... disappear.
Old 03-22-2000, 06:02 AM

I do honestly believe that Charles is the world's most famous Internet liar. I have long believed that a book about the top five Internet wackos (The religous bird lady, the guy who stalks a person until they leave the Internte forever and then he picks a new one, the incredible and fabulous liar, plus a couple more.) would be a great seller. Charles is definitly up there in the fame department for Internet crazy people. Never has one person been nailed in so many lies that I have ever witnessed yet he boldly pushes on. He is a really big liar, the biggest, but just not a very good one. It is funny of course but also sad that a little boy in a grown man's body has such poor mental and emotional health. I do hope for those that are forced to see you every day that you are able to do well in your treatment and someday lead a close to normal life where your delusions and desires to impress can be brought under control. You are very sick and that is too bad. Just from the fact that hundreds of people who have never even met you don't like you at all I can't imagine what an unpleasant chap you must be in real life. I would be very, very scared indeed to be in a room with you and have to talk to you. shudder.

Anyway, good luck. (BTW, your car is ugly and old looking.)
Old 03-22-2000, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Ask Charles for some good S8 advice :P

What happens when he posts the VIN and then somebody looks it up like they did yours? Remember that? Yours came back as a 3.7 litre front wheel drive only!!! Not a good foundation for a big, expensive Italian S8 conversion.

Quick Reply: Need help ..looking at purchasing my first Audi