Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Poll to send to Audi-If your jack has failed please post here.Mine has Twice [different jacks]

A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

Poll to send to Audi-If your jack has failed please post here.Mine has Twice [different jacks]

Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 PM

yep... used it to raise the car and the foot came off.. it's in the dump somewhere
Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, It folded over on my where the foot connects to the upright section.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

That has nothing to do with it...this is America...sue!!!! Seriously, hope you are feeling better.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

didn't expect that response. I'll send something as well.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

YES, fell over/bended sideskirt got damaged!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:47 PM

Yes, plastic top broke, and jack dented the underneath of car. Lucky still had the wheel on.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes, fell over and rocker panel damaged
Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes, AAA guy cut his hand (jack was on flat garage floor)

I believe the hand brake was on, AAA guys would likely not forget that. This was the first use of the jack on the car (99 A8), and the last. I saved the busted jack, we should all send them in to Audi as a protest.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Twice on two different Audi's (90 coupe & 97 A4).
Old 11-14-2006, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My Audi Jack Experience 1/21/05...

Reposted from the A6 C5 forum:

Typing one handed today due to scarey accident in downtown Cincinnati last night.

Surprise snow (forecast 1", got 5") left parking lot covered with 1" ice and snow on top. I missed the parking exist due to ice, slid into curb which blew the seal on my 17" PZero.

Got out to throw the spare on, was lining up the spare on the right front when the Audi jack slipped-out (I even had the owners manual out to insure I was using it correctly) pinning my right hand between the spare and the front fender. Hurt like hell! No one in lot, snowing hard, I'm freezing and I'm worried about losing circulation to my fingers.

I call 911, they ask what city... (lot of confidence being instilled). After about 5 minutes, a security guard comes by in a cart. He can't move body 1/4 inch to free me. He couldn't figure out the Audi jack, so I am trying to teach him while I get 911 back on the phone that he accidently hangs up on also dealing with extreme pain.

Finally hear fire trucks, but as they pull in, we get the jack to move the car enough to free me (while cracking the plastic piece under front door).

Huge indentation in my hand. The fire department insists on me going to the hospital for x-rays. Fortunately, nothing broken, just incredibly painful and swollen.

For those questioning, I did clear the ice before setting the jack and was on flat land. I will NEVER use an Audi jack again, even in good conditions. Just not safe! Plus, the screws vs, bolts that mount the tires are not "field replacement friendly"!

I count my blessings, could have been lot worse, but certainly among the longest 15 minutes of my life. Back to my pain meds.

Learn from me, be careful using the Audi supplied jack.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll to send to Audi-If your jack has failed please post here.Mine has Twice [different jacks]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: