Possible root cause of "Headlight/Taillight Warning" and "Stop Light Warning" - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Possible root cause of "Headlight/Taillight Warning" and "Stop Light Warning"
Notices
A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002

Possible root cause of "Headlight/Taillight Warning" and "Stop Light Warning"

Old 08-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Possible root cause of "Headlight/Taillight Warning" and "Stop Light Warning"

Hi All,

I have this recurring issue on my A8.
When breaking, I usually have a beep and the yellow warning on the display stating the "Stop Light" are not working properly.
I also have a beep the yellow warning related to "Headlight/Taillight" not working properly when I turn on my headlights.
I just had my front light replaced (as well as my HID ballasts), so I don't think the issue comes from the front part.
I had one on the tail bulb enclosure (the right one hosting a tail bulb and a stop bulb) that was very oxidized. This evening I put CRC CO Contact Cleaner on the connector and put the Bulb enclosure in a white vinegar/salt bath for 30 minutes, brushed it with a brass brush and then put it in a water/backing soda bath during 30 minutes and finally dried it. I then reinstalled it in the car but the warning lights still occur.

Any idea of what other thing can generate those warning?
As an alternative, does anyone know the VAGCOM code (if any) to disable those warning on the dashboard as they are really annoying and - to be honest - I don't need them to know when one of my light is not working?

Thank you for the help

Search this Thread