A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Facelift D2 Cruise Control fix and Fog Light mod - how?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facelift D2 Cruise Control fix and Fog Light mod - how?

It appears that the links I've found were for the PFL D2; when I opened the ECU box I see two Bosch modules that are much larger than the one in the photos of one of the posts for the cruise control fix. Any ideas on which one is for the C.C. and is it possible to fix the coast/accel feature?

Also, I contorted myself to see the underside of the glove box and it appears that after removing about half a dozen or more allen head screws the assembly will come out - anyone take one out, and is the fog light module behind it or someplace else? I think I may have my son try to get at them because there is no comfortable way to get at them that I can find.

So much for modding my fogs and fixing my cruise. Anyone got any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Old 11-17-2013, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Razman
It appears that the links I've found were for the PFL D2; when I opened the ECU box I see two Bosch modules that are much larger than the one in the photos of one of the posts for the cruise control fix. Any ideas on which one is for the C.C. and is it possible to fix the coast/accel feature?

Also, I contorted myself to see the underside of the glove box and it appears that after removing about half a dozen or more allen head screws the assembly will come out - anyone take one out, and is the fog light module behind it or someplace else? I think I may have my son try to get at them because there is no comfortable way to get at them that I can find.

So much for modding my fogs and fixing my cruise. Anyone got any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
First: Get a Bentley!! ...or if you have one on the way, don't touch anything until you have it!!

Your post sounds like me trying to perform an appendectomy...and I'm not a doctor

Your car has no cruise control module...with electronic throttle (FL), all cruise control commands are an integral part of your ECM, which communicates with all the necessary components.

You don't remove the glove box to get to the central electric panel (where foglight relay and many other relays are located)...you simply remove the large panel under the passenger's upright footboard, under the carpet.

You will get nowhere attempting electrical mods or repairs without a manual or some other source of specific wiring diagrams.

Last edited by silverd2; 11-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by silverd2
First: Get a Bentley!! ...or if you have one on the way, don't touch anything until you have it!!

Your post sounds like me trying to perform an appendectomy...and I'm not a doctor

Your car has no cruise control module...with electronic throttle (FL), all cruise control commands are an integral part of your ECM, which communicates with all the necessary components.

You don't remove the glove box to get to the central electric panel (where foglight relay and many other relays are located)...you simply remove the large panel under the passenger's upright footboard, under the carpet.

You will get nowhere attempting electrical mods or repairs without a manual or some other source of specific wiring diagrams.
Okay, okay - but the Bently won't come until after Christmas, and that would be the earliest.

Lol, I guess I'm at the "dangerous" stage. Thanks for the info; all mods are on hold for now. I may still tackle my headrests though...

Thanks again Silver...

Eric
Old 02-17-2014, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is the correct fog light fix that works on my '00 FL D2:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/76267.phtml

Works great - got an extra module and did the mod, no issues. Flashing hi-beams leaves them on, haven't tried w/high-beams on but I suspect they'll work.

Next step - HID kit...