A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wait a month or two before installing Motorola V60 car installation kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wait a month or two before installing Motorola V60 car installation kit

Motorola representative said his company will release a "full duplex" system within a month or two (possibly May or June 2002). Current installation kits from Motorola (Professional Hands-Free Car Kit S9563) only offer "half duplex" capabilities. That means that only one person can speak during the phone conversation. the "full duplex" system that's due soon will allow for telephone conversations just as if you were using your home phone. This release of the "full duplex" system is alltogether different than the "Executive Hands-free car kit" Motorola offered recently. Unless anyone knows of a better system, I'll wait until May or June to purchase the car kit that'll allow for better two-way conversation. I am interested in viewing any pics of after-market installations as I'm still searching for the best location for the unit in a 1997 A8 quattro. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:58 AM

Default I have in my 01 A8L

I have the V60 Pro-kit installed in my 01 A8L working thru the radio and speakers. Everything works except the steering wheel controls. Mutes radio only when making or receiving calls. Works flawlessly.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:19 AM

Default Re: wait a month or two before installing Motorola V60 car installation kit

I just called Motorola today in regards to the completion date of the full-duplex version of the S9563 car kit (for the v series phone) and the operator told me that a newsletter came by this morning stating that this car kit will no longer be built with full-duplex support and that they are dropping it. I then asked why and he was unable to explain, especially when he described that many users have been calling in regards to this. He then explained to me that email from many users who would like full-duplex may help so that they can see how many people are wanting this to be produced. My suggestion is to go to motorola.com and click on "contact us", then send an email message saying that you would like to have this car kit manufactured with full-duplex like every other phone company that already has one for their phones and request that the car kit is placed back in engineering to be rebuilt with full-duplex. I cannot believe a phone by motorola that cost this much cannot be complimented with a full-duplex phone kit. Who in their right minds makes a half-duplex one to begin with? What do they think these $300+ phones are, expensive CB radios? The more users that write in to motorola, the better chance we have for them to build the kit with full-duplex support. Tell everyone you know who has this phone and wants this kit.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:34 AM

Default Re: wait a month or two before installing Motorola V60 car installation kit

OK - I just called back in, and they informed me that the full-duplex model is now available and the original posting was inaccurate. The model number for these phone kits are S8780a and run for an incredible $259.99. At least they're available!