A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leek over pedal assembly.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water leek over pedal assembly.

This morning while driving to work i got a quite unpleasant surprise while i took a hard right turn. Suddenly water pored down on my right foot from somewhere over the pedal/dash assembly, this happened on the next hard right turn i took as well. (LHD car)

It's raining like hell here at the moment and did the whole night as well. So i'm pretty sure it's a external water leek somewhere since it's not coolant.

So do anyone know of anything who makes this problem appear, or have experienced it there self?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

At least one, but maybe 2 problems...both of them clogged drains. Definitely a clogged AC evap drain in the car..there's one on each side of the center console, one above the driver's right foot. The exact thing happened to me and many others.

If it happens mainly during after a big rain, your fresh air plenum (under the hood) also has a clogged rain water drain. If that drain is clogged, the water will make it's way into the interior air box...and if the AC evap drains are clogged, it can't get out.

The evap drains require taking off the plastic/carpet sides of the ceter console to access.

VERY common problem >>

http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articl...tordrains.html
Old 04-18-2013, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did the drains in the wheel arches and the left one from the heater house(couldn't see the right one). And both of the ones in the arches had reduced flow. But wasn't completely clogged tho.

If the problem remains i will go more in to it. But this morning i got no water on my feet while driving to work. (Before i looked at the drains)
Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Exerqtor
Just did the drains in the wheel arches and the left one from the heater house(couldn't see the right one). And both of the ones in the arches had reduced flow. But wasn't completely clogged tho.

If the problem remains i will go more in to it. But this morning i got no water on my feet while driving to work. (Before i looked at the drains)
You've relieved the immediate problem, but the wheel well drains aren't the rain problems..they just drain the strut tower shelves. The big drain is the one hidden under the blower. I cleared my big drain from underneath the car with a piece of flexible plastic tubing...not easy, but doable....just need to spot the drain tube with a flashlight first...or do it the way shown on AudiPages.

With the on a jack, you can spot and reach these...guaranteed to be full of crud. Worst case is flooding your electronics box (ECM & TCM) on the passengers side of plenum under the hood, IF you leave this clogged.

What the drain looks like under the car >>>

Inside the car, the AC drain on the passengers side is partially hidden by wiring, but needs to be cleared...it can overflow into the central electrics box under the passengers feet (up right footrest) >>>

Red tube >>

Last edited by silverd2; 04-19-2013 at 04:12 AM.