A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do factory wheels go for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do factory wheels go for?

Not necessarily trying to sell on here but thought I'd ask

The 17" polished factory wheels on the 2000 A8, what do you think I'd get selling a set of 4 on ebay, no noticeable wear, each have barely used tires. Also have spare which I think is the same as the others correct me if I'm wrong. What should I figure in for average shipping in the states?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by tallon; 08-27-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tallon

The 17" polished factory wheels on the 2000 A8, what do you think I'd get selling a set of 4 on ebay, no noticeable wear, each have barely used tires. Also have spare which I think is the same as the others correct me if I'm wrong. What should I figure in for average shipping in the states?

Thanks for any help
If you actually have an eBay account, these questions are all answered there. Look to see what the same are selling for there....if you're gonna sell em auction format, decide what the minimum you'd accept is and go from there.

Shipping price is determined on the shipping calculator...either on you "My eBay" page or USPS (cheapest usually), UPS or FedEx shipping calculator websites.

You really need to study eBay's website...all the answers are there.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by silverd2
If you actually have an eBay account, these questions are all answered there. Look to see what the same are selling for there....if you're gonna sell em auction format, decide what the minimum you'd accept is and go from there.

Shipping price is determined on the shipping calculator...either on you "My eBay" page or USPS (cheapest usually), UPS or FedEx shipping calculator websites.

You really need to study eBay's website...all the answers are there.
Ebay has aftermarkets most of the time.
The rims are sometimes sold there and when they are they're not in greatest condition and I've never seen them with tires or in sets. Also they are listed but they are not selling, probably because the condition or maybe price (or both) or whatever other factors involved (seller location, feedback rating.)

The shipping question can't be answered there for sure.
I assumed someone might know an estimate since most wheels on normal cars are the same size roughly.

Last edited by tallon; 08-27-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ebay has aftermarkets most of the time.
The rims are sometimes sold there and when they are they're not in greatest condition and I've never seen them with tires or in sets. Also they are listed but they are not selling, probably because the condition or maybe price (or both) or whatever other factors involved (seller location, feedback rating.)

The shipping question can't be answered there for sure.
I assumed someone might know an estimate since most wheels on normal cars are the same size roughly.
You are incorrect.

I sell extensively on eBay, that's why I'm telling you this. You have to weigh the wheels and check shipping calculator..only 2 wheels to a package....otherwise they will go overweght. I have sold wheels on eBay myself (Porsche OEM).

I looked before I posted the first time...you did NOT. There are the exact wheels you have for sale right now...a few different listings...OEM 17" D2 5 spoke wheels...mostly refurbished in near perfect condition. But0it-now doesn't sell crap on eBay...LIKE I SAID BEFORE: Start with the minimum you'll take and list them at auction. When you list there, you can add a shipping calculator, which asks you the size and weight...it will automatically list the shipping cost, depending on where the buyer is.

There are over 10 listings on this page alone ...NOT aftermarket...all OEM 17" Audi A8 wheels....All with shipping charges listed. LOOK >>>

http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?...+wheels&_rdc=2

Wheel with tires attached are much less likely to be purchased and way more expensive to ship.

If you knew anything about eBay, you'd already know this. If you aren't willing to check this out, you have no business selling on eBay. You actually have to read the extensive seller information on their site that covers ALL QUESTIONS.

Again, this is NOT an eBay forum...eBay takes care of it's members...that's why they take a percentage of your sales.

Last edited by silverd2; 08-27-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

You are incorrect.

I sell extensively on eBay, that's why I'm telling you this. You have to weigh the wheels and check shipping calculator..only 2 wheels to a package....otherwise they will go overweght. I have sold wheels on eBay myself (Porsche OEM).

I looked before I posted the first time...you did NOT. There are the exact wheels you have for sale right now...a few different listings...OEM 17" D2 5 spoke wheels...mostly refurbished in near perfect condition. But0it-now doesn't sell crap on eBay...LIKE I SAID BEFORE: Start with the minimum you'll take and list them at auction. When you list there, you can add a shipping calculator, which asks you the size and weight...it will automatically list the shipping cost, depending on where the buyer is.

There are over 10 listings on this page alone ...NOT aftermarket...all OEM 17" Audi A8 wheels....All with shipping charges listed. LOOK >>>

http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?...+wheels&_rdc=2

Wheel with tires attached are much less likely to be purchased and way more expensive to ship.

If you knew anything about eBay, you'd already know this. If you aren't willing to check this out, you have no business selling on eBay. You actually have to read the extensive seller information on their site that covers ALL QUESTIONS.

Again, this is NOT an eBay forum...eBay takes care of it's members...that's why they take a percentage of your sales.

You assume way too much.
I DID look. Many times within several months.
What am I incorrect about? I only mentioned what I see/don't see.
They aren't all oem or they aren't all from this car or like I said not in good condition, and none of them have tires. Clearly not incorrect. A4, mercedes, passat, any wheels 18" and 19" don't count. The wheels that ARE in perfect condition, aren't 'actual' pictures.

If you've really ever sold these wheels I'm sure instead of posting a thousand words you could have simply posted a few numbers. Considering the wheels you posted aren't selling and there's no way to tell what they will sell at, even by looking at their history because they sell other wheels most of the time.

If you knew anything about eBay, you'd already know this.
Guess you didn't take the time to think why I am asking about it. I obviously didn't say I knew anything about Ebay. But I do know the difference between 'actual' and 'equivalent to' pictures that companies put up. I've bought from those people and you don't always get what the picture shows.

Last edited by tallon; 08-28-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for any help
Check the wheel classifieds here on Audiworld and on Quattroworld. Check your local Craigslist. Most other places sell bare wheels. Shipping with tires can get pretty expensive. Rates will vary significantly with the destination. Try weighing one, check UPS's website for shipping across the country.

I paid $250 for a set of 17" Audi wheels for winter tires on my S8. I paid $200 for a set of 17" wheels for winter tires on my Allroad. I picked up both sets, so there was no shipping.

Last edited by Kneale Brownson; 08-28-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
Check the wheel classifieds here on Audiworld and on Quattroworld. Check your local Craigslist. Most other places sell bare wheels. Shipping with tires can get pretty expensive. Rates will vary significantly with the destination. Try weighing one, check UPS's website for shipping across the country.

I paid $250 for a set of 17" Audi wheels for winter tires on my S8. I paid $200 for a set of 17" wheels for winter tires on my Allroad. I picked up both sets, so there was no shipping.
Ah numbers, thanks I appreciate it
Old 08-28-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You assume way too much.
I DID look. Many times within several months.
What am I incorrect about? I only mentioned what I see/don't see.
They aren't all oem or they aren't all from this car or like I said not in good condition, and none of them have tires. Clearly not incorrect. A4, mercedes, passat, any wheels 18" and 19" don't count. The wheels that ARE in perfect condition, aren't 'actual' pictures.

If you've really ever sold these wheels I'm sure instead of posting a thousand words you could have simply posted a few numbers. Considering the wheels you posted aren't selling and there's no way to tell what they will sell at, even by looking at their history because they sell other wheels most of the time.

Guess you didn't take the time to think why I am asking about it. I obviously didn't say I knew anything about Ebay. But I do know the difference between 'actual' and 'equivalent to' pictures that companies put up. I've bought from those people and you don't always get what the picture shows.
Blah blah blah blah blah...

Stop whining princess, go take a pill and spend your time READING EBAY SELLING TIPS...if you plan to use eBay.

P.S. You're still incorrect...If you bothered to read my novel, you'd notice that I stated I sold a set Porsche OEM WHEELS (no tires) and I told you how I packed them and calculated the shipping.

You're welcome, dumbass

Last edited by silverd2; 08-28-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: PS
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Stop whining princess, go take a pill and spend your time READING EBAY SELLING TIPS...if you plan to use eBay.
lol ok kid, I'm not the one wasting my life on one forum out of 20 trying to be "helpful" if that is what you want to call it.
When did I whine? You don't have a reason to be on my post you clearly couldn't answer the question. The next person that came to post answered it without wasting a hell of a lot of time.
WHY would I bother to read YOUR "novel"? You're a random nobody, gtfo little boy. Continue to spam another topic like all your other thousand plus posts. Not sure who you're trying to intimidate but yeah, your post count muscles are so big LOL

nah nothing I posted was incorrect, only said the facts dumb ***

Last edited by tallon; 08-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

lol ok kid, I'm not the one wasting my life on a forum trying to be "helpful" if that is what you want to call it.
When did I whine? You don't have a reason to be on my post you clearly couldn't answer the question. The next person that came to post answered it without wasting a hell of a lot of time.
WHY would I bother to read YOUR "novel"? You're a random nobody, gtfo little boy.
You mean were NOT BFF's anymore?

Quick Reply: What do factory wheels go for?