A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Audi A8 Wont Start Key Not Being Recognized

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Audi A8 Wont Start Key Not Being Recognized

My car just wouldn’t start out of nowhere. The car has no power when the key is inserted. I can locC and UnlocC the doors My mileage shows when i open the door but nuthin else on the dash. Its been sitting for a month now and it’s frustrating, does anyone know or heard of this issue being solved
Old 01-17-2019, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Yes, it’s called a dead battery.....
Old 01-18-2019, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DAdrian Booker
My car just wouldn’t start out of nowhere. The car has no power when the key is inserted. I can locC and UnlocC the doors My mileage shows when i open the door but nuthin else on the dash. Its been sitting for a month now and it’s frustrating, does anyone know or heard of this issue being solved
Hello Adrian,
To expound on what Dave said and to get some info, your vehicle did not just not start out of nowhere, that would be the case if all was well and running yesterday or in the last week or so, but not a month, you need to tell us the age of your battery, how many volts it is showing across the post, ect.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Flat battery. Try recharging it for ~30 minutes before replacing

it.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Its clearly NOT a dead battery
Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Idk wat it is but my battery isnt dead or short of voltage
Old 01-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

it’s like this but i cant scan it either
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

And my car is an A8
Old 01-23-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Db Bo
Its clearly NOT a dead battery
Are you the OP DAdrain ?
If not, how can you say "it's clearly Not a dead battery", do you know if his battery is low or dying, as it can be 100% a dead/low battery, if you a basing you thoughts on the A6 video you posted you are wrong when it comes to the power hungry A8, My A8L W12 just did the same thing 2 days ago stranding me at work, it was 4* outside and the door locks worked via remote, as did the interior lights somewhat, the clock and mileage showed in the dash, but the instrument cluster would not fully activate, nor not start via push button nor key in slot, and it showed "Key Not Recognized", I installed this battery on Sept 15 2015, but then let the vehicle sit for periods of time for over a month, and once three months, and yes I forgot to plug in the battery tender, once I put said battery through the seven stages of reconditioning via the tender all was good until the cold snap, unless I let it sit for two weeks or more, then it would need a charge, so my fault for killing the battery, that is why I did not warranty last night, plus for the pennies I would have saved I will use it for something else.

Also note that because my battery went so low in this cold snap, even after installing the new one last night the vehicle did nothing but lift the suspension to comfort height as it reset to comfort from the dynamic mode I parked it in, the dash would not turn on, nor would the headlights, nor brake lights, nothing, I let it sit for about 30-45 minutes and things came back to life a few at a time, after dash lit up, head lights came on, next brake lights illuminated, and then I fired her up, and all is good.

Johnny

Last edited by Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT; 01-23-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 01-24-2019, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes im the OP i have 2 accounts
but thx for the info ill give it a try and get a diff battery... ive had the issue before and changed batteries thats y I figured it wouldn’t be the battery... before the car sat for about a month and a half then i went outside one day and it started... then about 3 weeks go by and it’s happening again... i was only parked for about 15 mins before i came out and it wasn’t starting. But thx against ill get a diff battery and see wat happens

Quick Reply: 04 Audi A8 Wont Start Key Not Being Recognized