A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Control Head security Access Code needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Control Head security Access Code needed

I'm trying to get into the control head for the MMI. I need the security access code 16 and VCDS isn't popping up the bubble for this one. Does anyone know the code? this is on a 2004 A8L
Old 06-14-2016, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

I think you need the car hooked to the mothership in Ingoldstadt. Meaning take it to a dealer and they will code it to your vehicle's ECU for an hour of labor. IIRC, Fred Lavery in Birmingham is like $125/hr these days.

There is a guy in Europe who has bootlegged a method for like $40.00 US as long as you have the right interface and internet connection on a computer you can hook to the car.

Not sure of his CONtact info but someone here can chime in with it.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

Two different subjects: 1. used modules with component protection that need to be configured to car, and 2. coding a module that already functions for some feature where it requires a security access code. Not sure from OP which it is. Mister Bally answered #1. For #2, it does sometimes pop up the bubble. There is also a code generator on the web which I have stumbled upon in past, or sometimes posts with a given code for a module if I search for it.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonwheels33
I'm trying to get into the control head for the MMI. I need the security access code 16 and VCDS isn't popping up the bubble for this one. Does anyone know the code? this is on a 2004 A8L
Try one of these.

AudiEnthusiasts Master

https://trick77.com/tools/mmi2g_vimcode.php

Old 06-14-2016, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
I think you need the car hooked to the mothership in Ingoldstadt. Meaning take it to a dealer and they will code it to your vehicle's ECU for an hour of labor. IIRC, Fred Lavery in Birmingham is like $125/hr these days.

There is a guy in Europe who has bootlegged a method for like $40.00 US as long as you have the right interface and internet connection on a computer you can hook to the car.

If it's cp he can do it from Poland but you need a clone vas 5054a and Internet connection
Usually charges 50 euros
Old 06-15-2016, 02:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mister Bally

I've got an apt scheduled with Audi of Rochester Hills for Tuesday. Service advisory thinks upgrading MMI firmware will fix lost car menu. Looking at $250 he said. Ive got the CD's but not sure if it's worth upgrading myself .
Old 06-15-2016, 02:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonwheels33
I've got an apt scheduled with Audi of Rochester Hills for Tuesday. Service advisory thinks upgrading MMI firmware will fix lost car menu. Looking at $250 he said. Ive got the CD's but not sure if it's worth upgrading myself .
If that fails don't let them sell you a new head unit for thousands of monies.
Let us know the result of your visit to Audi.

Also what is the error code for the Mmi head unit 07
Old 06-15-2016, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by storka
If that fails don't let them sell you a new head unit for thousands of monies.
Let us know the result of your visit to Audi.

Also what is the error code for the Mmi head unit 07

There isn't a malfunction for the 07 Control Head. there is on the central conv. , the battery regul. the rear left door, the tire pressure module, and telematics.

46-Central Conv. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
47-Sound System -- Status: OK 0000
4F-Centr. Electr. II -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
53-Parking Brake -- Status: OK 0000
55-Headlight Range -- Status: OK 0000
56-Radio -- Status: OK 0000
61-Battery Regul. -- Status: Malfunction 0010
62-Door, Rear Left -- Status: Malfunction 0010
65-Tire Pressure -- Status: Malfunction 0010
72-Door, Rear Right -- Status: OK 0000
75-Telematics -- Status: Malfunction 0010
76-Park Assist -- Status: OK 0000
Old 06-15-2016, 04:48 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You more then likely just have a bad "car button" from the "coke-a-cola" spill that you did not tell us about from the beginning.....

you could pick up a cheap control board off ebay, or if you are good with circuits and soldering you could solder in a touch pad or just a jumper to simulate the button and see if the car menu appears.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
You more then likely just have a bad "car button" from the "coke-a-cola" spill that you did not tell us about from the beginning.....

you could pick up a cheap control board off ebay, or if you are good with circuits and soldering you could solder in a touch pad or just a jumper to simulate the button and see if the car menu appears.

I did think of using a short wire or paperclip to jumper the two points on the switch to see if the button was bad. I may still do that.

EDIT: Going to pull the center control out and get to the circuit board to jump pins on the button. I figure if the micro switch failed from the soda spill then I will solder out the telephone M-switch with the car M-switch since I know it works and do not use this feature. Will report back with updates this evening.

Last edited by hellonwheels33; 06-15-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: 07 Control Head security Access Code needed