A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Audi A8 Air Ride Not Working

Old 04-08-2018, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Audi A8 Air Ride Not Working

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this forum and have been searching all over for some answers to the problem I am having while working on an 2005 Audi A8 V8.

Issues: air ride compressor is not turning on. Warning lights are on with default "standard and automatic" options. Right front is completely lowered.

Prior to me working on this, a shop diagnosed this car to having a bad air compressor and right front level sensors.

I ordered the parts and installed them with no change. I have also replaced the blown air ride fuse and relay under the dash to rule those out.

I did get a Vag Com cord and tried pulling more codes, I only have Vag Com Lite software but it will not pull codes for the air ride.

Am I missing something? I could really use all inputs and suggestions.

Thank you!!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

You could try testing the compressor, see if the one you have is faulty. Check to see if it turns on when power is directly applied, search on this site, people have posted on how to check this before.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey Jack, I just put direct power to the pump and it worked just fine but still nothing when plugged into the car.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Stop replacing parts, get some technicians who can read to work on your car.

http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/2006-...19k-miles.html
Cheers,
Louis
Old 04-10-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Use the service manual. Guided Fault Finding......
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Itooz thanks for the link, I had to replace these all of the other parts as they had failed..

Now, I have taken the cap off the relay and installed it. Then manually turned the relay on and confirmed that the pump would run within the system.

I am now leaning to the possibility of the computer faulting out or the solenoid valve block has failed.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blitz253
Itooz thanks for the link, I had to replace these all of the other parts as they had failed..

Now, I have taken the cap off the relay and installed it. Then manually turned the relay on and confirmed that the pump would run within the system.

I am now leaning to the possibility of the computer faulting out or the solenoid valve block has failed.
Did you ever solve this problem? My pump does not turn on either but if i manually activate the relay is works. It still doesnt lift the car while running but i one thing at a time i guess.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DML939
Did you ever solve this problem? My pump does not turn on either but if i manually activate the relay is works. It still doesnt lift the car while running but i one thing at a time i guess.
Hey DML939,
Yes I did end up solving this unexpectedly, I was getting fed up with it so I reassembled the dash after replacing the relay and fuse. After it was assembled I turned it on to move out side and it came back to life. My only thought was it must have a ground that was reconnected while reassembling the dash. If you have not done so try that and see if it comes back to life. Hopefully you get lucky as I did.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blitz253
Hey DML939,
Yes I did end up solving this unexpectedly, I was getting fed up with it so I reassembled the dash after replacing the relay and fuse. After it was assembled I turned it on to move out side and it came back to life. My only thought was it must have a ground that was reconnected while reassembling the dash. If you have not done so try that and see if it comes back to life. Hopefully you get lucky as I did.
ya I went out and took the wheel well out so I can see if the hoses are connected (car dropped completely from and back when I manually activated the pump the other day) and I managed to get the rear end to lift up I guess because the car was on Jack's this time but front stayed low. Next is check for leaks and see if I can figure out the relay issue
Old 10-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i have a 04 A8 and the rear airbags have lifted up and will not go down. could you please help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Audi A8 Air Ride Not Working