A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 S8 CARPHONE BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Mishar. Phone looks too old to even bother with. Why can you just pair a normal phone over Bluetooth?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Popeye-
Rashly assuming you are here in the US, if that number 4EO 861 473 refers to the cell phone itself, as opposed to a battery, it will be on file in the FCC database since every model of every radio commercially sold in the US has to be FCC approved. (And the FCC is adamant, a cell phone is not a telephone, it is a radio.)

While the FCC web site can be a bear to dig through, you might be able to get their help via email or telephone on this. There is probably a very short list of cell phones approved for "Audi" in 2007 or the preceding few years and if they can point you to that, it may be a place to start.

It is also possible that the original battery was re-stickered and there is a manufacturer's sticker under the Audi one. From LG, or Varta (German), or one of the other major players. And they might be able to tell you what the battery is, based on the dimensions and the contact configuration.

The way that stuff is constantly changing though, I'd bet a new battery is over $50 if it can be found. Of course if you're entering the car in concourse events, that's worthwhile. Otherwise...it looks like anything can sit in the armrest and "integrate" via BT.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PopeyeS8
Hi

Trying to get Bluetooth operating, but the centre armrest-located Audi carphone through which Bluetooth routes is inoperative. Appears the battery is flat.

The Bluetooth does not route through the Audi car phone, remove that from the vehicle and pair your cell phone to the S8.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PopeyeS8

The part number 4EO 861 473 draws a blank on every site I've gone to (Audionlineparts.com, euro car parts.com etc).
Just a heads up, the part # is a 4E'zero' not O.

http://translate.google.com/translat...E0%2B861%2B473

Johnny J J
Old 07-08-2014, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mishar
That phone is history. Take it out and try pairing some newer cellphone. That may require playing with Telephone > Settings in MMI or VCDS.
I wish I could, Mishar. According to the handbook (and Audi dealer), Bluetooth can only operate through the in car phone. But that's inoperative and when Igo to Telephone > Settings, up comes the below message "Telephone is not installed".[ATTACH] Hence why I'm trying to get the battery replaced.....I'm hoping that it may make pairing the newer iPhone possible.

Thanks for your patience and advice here, guys.

[/ATTACH]
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks Redd. Sorry, I should have previously explained I'm in Sydney, Australia.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JohnnyJ A6Q
The Bluetooth does not route through the Audi car phone, remove that from the vehicle and pair your cell phone to the S8.
Hi JohnnyJ, attached is the page from the handbook introducing Bluetooth. Basically it says that Bluetooth connects using the car telephone kit's interface. I can't find anywhere in the manual where it gives the option to set up Bluetooth without using the car phone kit...

Could be a weird Australia-only thing...

So frustrating!!
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2014, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Ah, Oz. I'm sure the phone situation is different there, but some agency still certifies each one for use.

You might also try Audi-Oz, that message could mean the phone needs to be configured under the all-powerful VAG software before the system can recognize it.

I would ask them politely for a copy of the manual and instructions, or some configuration aid, and if they said something like "Gee, that's too old..." or some other nonsense, let them know that's unacceptable. The car isn't a Yugo, they should be able to explain what part or configuration it needs. As should your local dealer's parts counter--without incurring a service charge.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Banned

Okay a few question,

1) do you have a VCDS scan of your vehicle so we can see if the "Bluetooth Module" is indeed installed in your 2007 S8 ?

2) when you pushed the "TEL" button did you then press the "SETUP" button to get in to the menu, if so did you remove the Audi phone from the list ?

3) you do have the "Audi phone" no where near the vehicle, right ?

I am a little confused as you have a 2007 S8, and I have a 2005 A8l W12 with the phone plate in the console to which the phone cradle attaches, and then the Audi phone would slip into the cradle, I then have a factory Bluetooth module under the drivers side floor board, I do not have the Audi phone at all, yet many of my cell phones have paired with the Audi, even my 2004 A8l without the Bluetooth module and OnStar still would allow many cell phones to connect through the "Bluetooth Cradle", does your car have the removable cradle that snaps into place, if not I am beginning to think you have one of the systems that is talked about in the link, which I find odd as you have a 2007, although they are talking about a UK 2006 in the link.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ng-crazy/page4

Johnny J J

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 07-08-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Banned

some pics
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: 2007 S8 CARPHONE BATTERY