AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   2008 Audi S8 (D3) How To Play Spotify Best Quality How??? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/2008-audi-s8-d3-how-play-spotify-best-quality-how-2951160/)

ao500000 06-10-2018 03:57 AM

2008 Audi S8 (D3) How To Play Spotify Best Quality How???

I just recently purchased a 2008 Audi S8 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I would like to know what are the best options to listen to Spotify in my car with the highest quality sound (preferably wirelessly) . I have spoke with a couple of car audio places and some mentioned isimple that uses a radio station to connect. Another person mentioned NAV TV. I was curious if someone here has suggestions on which platform is better (high quality). Appreciate any feedback

Tstealth32 06-10-2018 07:08 AM

Probably just your simple 3.5mm MMI cable. Bluetooth is the 2nd best. Then the horrible FM transmitter.

ltooz_a6_a8_q7 06-10-2018 03:34 PM

Try this
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2951027&page=1
Cheers,
Louis

TSHong 06-10-2018 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tstealth32 (Post 25164441)
Probably just your simple 3.5mm MMI cable. Bluetooth is the 2nd best. Then the horrible FM transmitter.

+1, the best quality would be to use a 3.5mm to AMI plug. I would never even try a FM transmitter setup on a B&O system.

ScottCNelson 06-10-2018 04:52 PM

Search This Forum For WMA1000

Originally Posted by ao500000 (Post 25164394)
I just recently purchased a 2008 Audi S8 with the Bang & Olufsen system. I would like to know what are the best options to listen to Spotify in my car with the highest quality sound (preferably wirelessly) . I have spoke with a couple of car audio places and some mentioned isimple that uses a radio station to connect. Another person mentioned NAV TV. I was curious if someone here has suggestions on which platform is better (high quality). Appreciate any feedback

...or don't

Jack88 06-10-2018 04:57 PM

High quality and wireless are mutually exclusive. Still, an input jack, as mentioned, is your highest quality. The A8 does not have factory bluetooth music capability no matter what you do, so an aftermarket piece is necessary. I think the AMI might have had a wireless dongle for music at one point available, but I don't think it was offered long.

mixja23 06-10-2018 08:41 PM

I use this, it's ok...
Sound quality if good, just sometimes it doesn't remember the last tune playing when you get back in the car...
I listen to music on my iPhone on shuffle usually so it's not that much of a nuisance... Although it has been behaving itself lately if you use the car controls to control your phone rather than your phone itself...

pelletman 06-11-2018 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mixja23 (Post 25164663)
I use this, it's ok...
Sound quality if good, just sometimes it doesn't remember the last tune playing when you get back in the car...
I listen to music on my iPhone on shuffle usually so it's not that much of a nuisance... Although it has been behaving itself lately if you use the car controls to control your phone rather than your phone itself...

https://www.amazon.com/Bovee-Wireles.../dp/B00B52LLJ6

That's what I use too. Came with the car so I didn't research anything, but it sounds pretty good

mixja23 06-12-2018 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by pelletman (Post 25164763)
That's what I use too. Came with the car so I didn't research anything, but it sounds pretty good

Best you'll get for the money I think...
I'm sure how it stacks up against the more expensive options like the Denison Gateway etc but I don't really see what the improvement would be tbh, it plays music via BT and you can control the music on your phone from the car and steering wheel controls... What more could you want...??!
My car has bluetooth for calls anyways but even if you didn't, the output from the call should come out thru the Bovee anyways...

ScottCNelson 06-12-2018 07:08 AM

Maybe or Maybe Not

Originally Posted by Jack88 (Post 25164614)
High quality and wireless are mutually exclusive. Still, an input jack, as mentioned, is your highest quality. The A8 does not have factory bluetooth music capability no matter what you do, so an aftermarket piece is necessary. I think the AMI might have had a wireless dongle for music at one point available, but I don't think it was offered long.

BT MAY add compression to already compressed source files or then again not. If both the source and sink devices support the codec used to encode the original audio signal, the audio may be transmitted and received without alteration. Thus, if you're listening to MP3 or AAC files that you have stored on your smartphone, tablet, or computer, Bluetooth doesn't have to degrade the sound quality if both devices supports that format. You will have no control over the codec used to compress by Spotify, so who knows? Personally, I just use a USB stick and AAC for best quality repro.