A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 proposed changes? My wish list

Old 04-19-2007, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 proposed changes? My wish list

Any idea of changes for 2008, beside the announcement below? A few options on my wish list would include a panoramic sun roof, little bit more horsepower, cheaper B&O option, pearl white, better massage seats, little sporty front grille, and night vision. What are your thoughts

------------------------------------------

NEW YORK, NY and CYPRESS, CA -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) today announced that Audi will offer SIRIUS as standard equipment in all S4, RS 4, A6, A8, and R8 models, and Audi Q7 3.6 Premium, 4.2, and 4.2 Premium models for the 2008 model year available at dealers later this year.

"Audi is the leader in luxury and design in the premium segment," said Johan de Nysschen, Executive Vice President of Audi of America. "As such, Audi customers deserve the very best vehicle entertainment experience possible, and we believe that SIRIUS' unique programming greatly enhances Audi customer satisfaction and superior offering."

"Audi was an early and significant partner in the growth of SIRIUS, and we are very pleased that they have decided to make SIRIUS standard equipment for their customers," said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS. "We think in audio entertainment that SIRIUS is unrivaled. Now, Audi drivers will be able to experience for themselves The Best Radio on Radio."

About SIRIUS
SIRIUS, "The Best Radio on Radio," delivers more than 130 channels of the best programming in all of radio. SIRIUS is the original and only home of 100% commercial free music channels in satellite radio, offering 69 music channels. SIRIUS also delivers 65 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather and data. SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, NASCAR, NBA and NHL, and broadcasts live play-by- play games of the NFL, NBA and NHL, as well as live NASCAR races. All SIRIUS programming is available for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95.

SIRIUS Internet Radio (SIR) is a CD-quality, Internet-only version of the SIRIUS radio service, without the use of a radio, for the monthly subscription fee of $12.95. SIR delivers more than 75 channels of talk, entertainment, sports, and 100% commercial free music.

SIRIUS products for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are available in more than 25,000 retail locations, including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, RadioShack and at shop.sirius.com.

SIRIUS radios are offered in vehicles from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep(R), Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercury, Maybach, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Rolls Royce, Scion, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Hertz also offers SIRIUS in its rental cars at major locations around the country.

Click on http://www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to purchase a SIRIUS radio and subscription.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agree with Pearl White, Cheaper B&O, Better Grill.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey, will you quit the "cheaper B&O stuff"! Are you trying to increase the depreciation ..

Ouch!
Well at least until after I sell my present car and am about to buy the next!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 AM

Default here my two cents worth

I think they may fair well if they decided to tinker with the original D2 design and sleek that up a bit giving it shark-like features. I think it would stand out well. The fish grill is kinda funny looking especially if a Beemer is right next to it. Notice how sharp the beemer lines are.

As far as the interior how about a color screen at the back for all A8s?, night vision and more race car silencer rather than a very muffled sound.

What about a better transmission where u can actually change the fluid without having to spend 12 hrs labor?

OHH and best of all get rid of the rubber timing belt. Put some timing chains on instead so there is better residual value like the mercs. It will last u 200K min. unlike the 70K now.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Rest In Peace

Cheaper ceramic brakes
Old 04-19-2007, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default B&O doesn't make cheap stuff. If you want to spend less on the B&O, get an R8

Much less (hint: cam't fit as much into it)
Old 04-19-2007, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Re: Agree with Pearl White, Cheaper B&O, Better Grill.

Previous Audi was one of their first Pearl white models, a 1987 5000CS quattro. For the first 3 or 4 years people used to ask me the name of the color at stoplights, and gas stations. Since audi didn't offer it as a standard color at replacement time, I chose Pearl Beige which I fell in love with on the first D3 I ever seen at the 2003 NAIAS. Pearl white would be a nice color choice.

Face it, they are not gonna change the grill anytime soon. You can always say no the the B & O option. The American designed Bose system is outstanding in my book. The satellite radio & CD's play fine and I have all the bass & treble I could ever want.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Second Generation Adaptive Cruise Control

Or at least better software for the current hardware.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: here my two cents worth

I assume you are talking about the older BMWs, sislam. The newer BMWs (with the exception of the E92/E93 3 Series/M3-the coupe and convertible body styles for the current 3 Series/M3, which are gorgeous and the E63/E64 6 Series/M6, which is also gorgeous) look far uglier than the newer Audis with the "fishmouth" grille, especially the E65/E66 7 Series and E60/E61 5 Series/M5.

And, FWIW, the newer Mercedes Benzes are far less likely to make it to 200,000 miles than any Audi, old and especially new, regardless of part or the vehicle itself, for both the newer Benzes and any Audi, again, old and especially new. Just check Consumer Reports.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: 2008 proposed changes? My wish list

What about far superior ventilated seats that are just as excellent as or more excellent than the competiton and, the most important by far, quality, reliability and especially dealer network that is on par with, better than or, at the very least, close to Toyota and Lexus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 proposed changes? My wish list