A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Coilovers from RevV

Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 Coilovers

There is no other aftermarket replacement coilovers readily available for Audi D3 A8 flagships apart from ours.

I constantly felt that A8 W12 air-suspension system being rather too sloppy on cornerswhile creating an excessive body roll hence we have developed a kit to replace the current air suspension with coilovers.

I have no intention or willing to distribute our products here on the forum, but just to share some knowledge with others who have been looking for stable & less expensive solution for their flagships that contantly gives you a headache with high maintenance cost.

We all know how expensive those stock Air-suspensions & air compressor are for aged A8s, when they get broken down.

It's a 30-Level adjustable damper so you can choose between the hard and soft damping level accordingly.

Last edited by cooljustin; 10-21-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Well sign me up for those....
I predict that they will work out (for you) better than the Continental air struts charged by the WABCO ECAS air compressor.

Last edited by Mister Bally; 06-21-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default If they work - I would be happy to get rid of my AIR-SUS

Thanks,

Louis
Old 06-22-2014, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default They look great!!

Originally Posted by cooljustin
Awesome, at First, I was a bit hesitant to post the coilovers on the forum as it seems as though I am trying to do some sales here.. (well, actually it seems that's what I am doing.. lol) but as a proud owner A8, I equally felt the basic needs for replacing the air-sus hence here I am.

If we have more than 10 people, I guess I can cut down the cost drastically to make both our firm and the forum member happy.

I will keep them posting up here.
How many codes will this throw? In Texas, a code means no inspection sticker. No inspection sticker parks the car.
I could not register mine until the TPMS was fixed. Plus window tint, taillight blackout, and a couple other items that were fine in NYC, were addressed. Took a month to get plates.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Panelhead
How many codes will this throw? In Texas, a code means no inspection sticker. No inspection sticker parks the car.
I could not register mine until the TPMS was fixed. Plus window tint, taillight blackout, and a couple other items that were fine in NYC, were addressed. Took a month to get plates.
Good luck getting all the codes out from that system. You'd have to do either some serious code writing into the factory computer(s), or do an awful lot lot of work arounds to trick the factory system into thinking that it's working.

Now, onto the real meat of the topic, if you were interested in making your S8 handle better, and willing to give up the convenience of the air system's flexibility, I could see going to something that was engineered from the ground up up to solve that "problem," (likely taking many hints from the S6's conventional (non-air) setup), utilizing components from Bilstein/ Koni/ KW/ JRZ/ Penske/ Moton/ Ohlins/ H&R/ Eibach etc.

I just can't see slapping a set of Chinese or Korean made coilovers, which were "developed" first for a Kia, onto an Audi (and a top of the line, big, Audi- with curb weight well above the "applications" for these coilover parts were "developed" for) being a good idea.

Just my $.02.....
Old 06-22-2014, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Sorry, but tone it down!

As one of the largest contributors to the board, your broadside attack here seems way out of left field--with 54 total posts. You had something to offer, but destroyed your credibility at least with me. As a vendor, you need to be prepared to accept critical feedback, especially in a forum context with an experienced and educated audience like a fair number on this board.

The poster you attacked is neither an internet troll nor narrow minded. He has demonstrated an experienced understanding of the vehicle at a professional level...even if his moniker might have you think bmw. And yes, there are known parts sourcing issues on the D3 (and other Audis) from Asia. Has nothing to do with "race"--it's a geography, a set of suppliers, a lax regulatory environment and various other things.

I suggest frankly you edit or delete your post.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 06-22-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default air-sus ??!

Awesome, at First, I was a bit hesitant to post the coilovers on the forum as it seems as though I am trying to do some sales here.. (well, actually it seems that's what I am doing.. lol) but as a proud owner A8, I equally felt the basic needs for replacing the air-sus hence here I am.
Right now I do have 3 different cars with KW coilovers and I have to admit (and not only me), that properly working air suspension is way better solution for non racing cars
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, I sense a prejudice or rather a racial comment here. At first, made in Korea is milles different from a cheap knock-off made in China. Btw, if you are using an iPhone, it is made in China bro. And me being a car enthusiast, I am owning a 1000hp Nissan Skyline GTR32 which is installed with my Korean brand and I bet it still handles & maneuvers better than your car.

I don't have to promote or sell this "made in Korea" coilovers to anyone here, but since I saw many people asking for a set of coilovers to replace their aged "Made in Germany" air-sus, I just wanted to share the info.

Just getting sick and tired of "internet trolls" or "narrow minded" people who make pathetic remarks on things they don't know.

Well good luck with your "Made in whatever lala land you are from" and keep posting your 2 cents, bro.

And no offence to other Americans, but if "Made in US" is way better than products made in Asia, how come you are always in Red ink in terms trade account, huh?

I personally don't have any soft spot for any Hyundai or Kia cars and have never owned or willing to own one in my life or the next, but I am sorry to say, but I just can't stand on those so prejudiced or narrow-minded people posting up stupid remarks online. That's just my 2 cents bro.

nb. And you should read what others wrote before replying. I don't drive "S8", I drive 1,000hp Skyline GTR (which is installed with the "Korean Brand coilovers) and a W12 A8, that handles real crap on air-sus compared my japanse old school equipped with "Made in Korea" coilovers.

And your recommendation is not useful since any other coilover makers (including Bilstein, KW, Ohlins, whatever you wrote down) don't make any coilovers for D3 (KW produces coilovers for D2 a8 only)
First off, this is not the way to make friends here. For the record, I'm half Chinese, so there's certainly no racial anything going on.

Secondly, and more importantly, since you clearly came here looking to promote yourself as a vendor, you just burned up ANY creditability that you may have had (benefit of the doubt included), by posting this.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
As one of the largest contributors to the board, your broadside attack here seems way out of left field--with 54 total posts. You had something to offer, but destroyed your credibility at least with me. As a vendor, you need to be prepared to accept critical feedback, especially in a forum context with an experienced and educated audience like a fair number on this board.

The poster you attacked is neither an internet troll nor narrow minded. He has demonstrated an experienced understanding of the vehicle at a professional level...even if his moniker might have you think bmw. And yes, there are known parts sourcing issues on the D3 (and other Audis) from Asia. Has nothing to do with "race"--it's a geography, a set of suppliers, a lax regulatory environment and various other things.

I suggest frankly you edit or delete your post.
From a member to a member, as individuals, thank you.

Back on the thread topic, I concur 100% with this post.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Just ignore the ignorance

-Quality is NOT where it's made - where it's conformed to design requirements -

Cheers,

Louis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A8 Coilovers from RevV