A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone care to comment on Zaino? Good as advertised?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone care to comment on Zaino? Good as advertised?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone care to comment on Zaino? Good as advertised?

Excellent products. You'll find many on other car forums that will say the same. Their polish system is one of the best out there. Between washes, I use a California duster to get off surface dust/debris, then use Zaino Z6 and a towel for a "mini-wash" - takes about 5 mins and the car looks great until the next full wash. I also use their excellent leather cleaner and conditioner.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Zaino products are as good as advertised. I've used them for ten years. Also very good are the

Ultima products. Their Paint Guard Plus, which is similar to a spray-on polish from Zaino is very good as are their other products. As a long time fan of Zaino, I must say that the Ultima products are to me at least as good. Easy to use and long-lasting. After I used the Zaino spray-on polish a couple of years ago I stopped using the polish that needs to be applied then buffed out. The spray-on shine lasts longer than the rub-on polish on my cars. It takes only about 15 minutes or less to do my A8 with he spray on after the car is clean. Of course, one must still use a mild compound to buff out small scratches, but that is also true with rub-on polishes.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 874 Likes on 715 Posts

Zaino is great.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

Really good stuff, but a pain in the neck procedurally. I hope they've changed the application
Old 02-06-2009, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm also a big fan of Zaino products and I've tried just about everything.

I resisted Zaino for a long time thinking it was just hype. After trying everything from Meguires, 3M, Klasse, 1 Grand, 1Z, and many others, I found Zaino. Friend asked for my help to detail his car and he wanted to finish with Zaino. He brought his car to my garage and we did a complete paint correction and I was impressed with the look of Zaino as the final coat. It's not a simple wipe on wipe off as some products, as there is a system Zaino suggests you follow, but results are excellent.

The key is proper prep however, not just the top coat of Zaino. The better the paint is cleaned, clayed, swirls and scratches removed, and then polished the better Zaino (or any product for that matter) will look. If you're not up to the task of paint prep, suggest you have that done professionally and then do the Zaino top coats yourself. You must wash off any of the wax, oils or silicones most detailers use first with Dawn dish soap, before you apply Zaino or it won't adhere properly or look as good.

Benefit of Zaino are a great, deep shine and slippery surface that is VERY durable, up to 6+ months. You're likely to prefer the warmer look of a high quality carnauba wax but durability is now where close. For example, here in So. Calif a carnauba will only last a week or so in the hot sun of summer.

If you have any questions, happy to advise as I've been using Zaino for about 7 years now.

For those interested, I've included a link to some before and after shots of my detailing work finished with Zaino on the wife's black caddy, complete with notes on my process.<ul><li><a href="http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/1st-post-black-srx-hammered-5479.html">Paint correction and Zaino on Black Caddy</a></li></ul>
Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Galco, much appreciated. And impressive.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks. U should know that Audi's Clear coat is like concrete...

So if you try to polish it yourself, strongly suggest a rotary polisher, quality pads and Menzerna polishes...
Old 02-06-2009, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Its all i've used for 10 years. Excellent.

I like the leather conditioner best as it makes the car smell new.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Anyone care to comment on Zaino? Good as advertised?

I'll second (or third?) the Zaino quality. I've only owned black cars, which will put any product to the test. They go on as easy as they come off from an application perspective. I recommend using Zaino's step approach, it's not just good marketing.

As for the clearcoat, it's pure armor. I use a rotary on my A8L and have had to step up to Menzerna's SIP to get any bite on this clear.