A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A8 D3 ventilated seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A8 D3 ventilated seat

Hi all!

Today i had a problem with my drivers seat. When i turn on my ventilated funktsion then its stays on like 30 seconds. But only the backside ventilator is working. Has a pulsing effect but under the seat , that one stays off. Same goes for the heated seat funktion. All other things are working.
Whats should i look for. I readed there is a temperature sensor in there but where exactly located and is it changeble?

Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.

All the best and hoping for solution
Old 07-20-2017, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am looking for ventilated seat answers as well. i have a 06 audi a8l with massage ventilated seats. There is a button for massage but does not operate on either seat. i have a button for ventilated that does not blow air on either seat. The heated seat function only works on the passenger, haven't checked the rear. What could cause all these components to not work in correlation?
Old 07-20-2017, 06:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys both need some dignostic.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by peri77
You guys both need some dignostic.
+1

VCDS scan will give you a lot of information.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi.
Well i did use the vcds and it did found 2 faultcodes but from that area. Steering colum and headlight. I deal with these problems later.
My woman cleaned the car the other day with a vacumcleaner. Is there a way to hurt something there? She said she didnt touch anything.
Now i dont know whats wrong coz the vcds didnt help me.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Still not working.

Still havent figured out what is the problem. Passenger side work fine but driver side it wont work. Looked for all conections and are fine but still 10sec and then it turnes off. Any ideas anybody?
Old 02-10-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure exactly however i did find out that i needed to code my seats to work. You qill need ross tech or another coding software to set it to the correct values. That should fix your 10 sec issue. You will need the correct coding info for the seat. I havent done it yet
Old 02-11-2018, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Orlando Smith
Not sure exactly however i did find out that i needed to code my seats to work. You qill need ross tech or another coding software to set it to the correct values. That should fix your 10 sec issue. You will need the correct coding info for the seat. I havent done it yet
Well it doesnt even activate. Its like stuck or in error.
Passenger side i turne it on 6 and u hear right away ventilators go full steam drivers side nothing. U think recoding helps?
Maybe take the seat out and clean the ventilator and clean all other things. Maybe it helps. I found with google there is a seat ventialtion controll unit so maybe it is that problem but i have vcds and it shows no problem with my seat etc
Old 02-11-2018, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea i would try cleaning and definitely coding. In vcds the seat module has a i think 3 or 4 digit value that allows it to pair to the vehicle. Its not just plug and play technology. I think Massage ventilated has a code then heat seat has a different code. You should google this process. I know if the coding stored is incorrect you will get issues. So clearing them and entering the correct factory code. There are also cheaper devices that allow module coding, abs, and even engine immobilizer configuration. Meaning keyfob stuff. Thats gonna take some research to find which works for you. Audi dealers use a software called ODIS (onboard diagnosis). But theres plenty hardware for sale, it will be a good investment
Old 02-11-2018, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep. I need to start doing it. Funny is that it stoper worked randomly. It worked before just fine. If coding and cleaning doesnt help then some module is busted. For that i think i let a workplace to diagnose it or trye passenger side module if its has the same code. If not i'll see what can be done. If my skils arend enought then there are plenty who are smarter and skilled

Quick Reply: Audi A8 D3 ventilated seat