A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big MMI problem

Old 08-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 ° My car audi A8 V8 4L 32S 2003. 2 ° My MMI does not work at all, also my E380 multimedia module. 3 ° The MMI circuit board remains to be powered Car close:
Old 08-13-2017, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Hello Grand,
Not many people here disassembled the CH to look at the circuit board as you do. Please put it back and describe how the whole system NOT working. You may over do your troubleshooting technique. How does one know those LEDS are actually good or bad?
It would be easier and save lots of time showing what's NOT working in the complete system than showing those LEDS on which may NOT mean anything.
I wouldn't turn on power and start probing, you may kill something real in the process.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 08-13-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts

Google translate here if it helps: https://translate.google.com Looks like poster used something like it to get to the English translation already below.

You can use it for any set of languages, and in either direction. Not exact, but a starting point to get gist of it. I will leave answering to others; the subject isn't familiar to me.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Hello Grand,
Not many people here disassembled the CH to look at the circuit board as you do. Please put it back and describe how the whole system NOT working. You may over do your troubleshooting technique. How does one know those LEDS are actually good or bad?
It would be easier and save lots of time showing what's NOT working in the complete system than showing those LEDS on which may NOT mean anything.
I wouldn't turn on power and start probing, you may kill something real in the process.
Cheers,
Louis
I buy another MMI module on ebay and the problem and the same!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Just like I said, the forum may save you the troubles and money if you just describe exactly what you encountered. Believe it or not, most of MMI problems were solved up here, and stubborn people tend to waste more money replacing good parts.
Up to now, we don't even know what your problems are.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 08-13-2017, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Just like I said, the forum may save you the troubles and money if you just describe exactly what you encountered. Believe it or not, most of MMI problems were solved up here, and stubborn people tend to waste more money replacing good parts.
Up to now, we don't even know what your problems are.
Cheers,
Louis
+1
Did anything get wet, sunroof drains, cowl drains, HVAC drains clogged,
soda or coffee on the console buttons ?
Please describe what happened, also not sure on the three LED's in your picture, as all the units I have worked on only have the one led in the upper right area as yours does.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I buy the car like that with the MMI which does not work so I do not know if there was a water inlet! The E380 media module buttons do not turn on! I found with VCDS my siren shorted I disassemble it for which no more problem. I had my 2 windows left side hs I change the modules window lifter everything works perfectly.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by grandcuik
I buy the car like that with the MMI which does not work so I do not know if there was a water inlet! The E380 media module buttons do not turn on! I found with VCDS my siren shorted I disassemble it for which no more problem. I had my 2 windows left side hs I change the modules window lifter everything works perfectly.
Okay,
So you have replaced the MMI CH and the buttons on the console still do not function, did you check for stuck buttons,{coffee spill}, check connections on E389 board, check the board itself for signs of soda, coffee, wetness, burnt circuits, does the MMI screen come on at all, also please post full scan.

On another note, please ask for "EDIT RIGHTS" so you do not have to post 3 times over and over to say the sane thing...

Click this kink and as for edit rights.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/fee...hread-2748703/

Attached Thumbnails Big MMI problem-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for your reply,
I disassembled I do not see anything suspicious on the E380 multimedia card,
the MMI screen does not appear even when changing the module MMI CH .
Old 08-14-2017, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by grandcuik
Thank you for your reply,
I disassembled I do not see anything suspicious on the E380 multimedia card,
the MMI screen does not appear even when changing the module MMI CH .
Then you need to show us the full scan, and the optical bus diagnostic scan also, please tell us what made you jump right to replacing the MMI CH .
Attached Thumbnails Big MMI problem-optical-bus.png  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big MMI problem