A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth/Phone issue (2006 & 2012)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can buy her same old phone NEW from various sources. I still use a Motorola RAZR and have 2 more (New ones) in the box in my closet for when this one dies.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storing phone #s in the Directory

Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Transferring the contacts from the Samsung may be challenging, but since I have a BT MacBook I may try that first or perhaps even pair the two phones.....and I guess your suggestion would be create a hotlist on the BB with all her contacts, and push the hotlist to the Audi....would it really 'stay' with the Audi? Always thought the MMI read the BT device, and read the contacts directly.
If you look at the Telephone/Memory menu, "Phone book" will be the contacts synched from your BT phone and "Directory" is a separate contact list saved on the car. If the car can read the contact list/phonebook on your BB, would should be able to manually save each entry in the car's Directory for later use.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by subit0
I believe that some 2006-2007 A8s had a defective Bluetooth telephone module, and that this is the problem you and Eric are experiencing. I further believe that this problem was caused by the MMI upgrade, and that the BT module will now no longer accept firmware changes via subsequent MMI upgrades. Audi had a campaign to replace the BT module (RVU - Repairing telephone preparation: TSB# 2018510/3), but it has since expired. Your options are to live without the address book/directory or replace the module (click the link in the previous sentence to see the Audi instructions).
Sounds like that could be the issue. I just added frequently called numbers to the car's directory and make calls that way.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enGage
Sounds like that could be the issue. I just added frequently called numbers to the car's directory and make calls that way.

I tried the x-fer from the BB and it worked fine, but no way to do just the hotlist AND have it retained on the system.

Can someone give me the 'for dummies' version of how to move stuff to the 'directory'? I know where the 'directory' menu shows up, but I have never been able to put numbers in at that screen.

Thanks.

UPDATE - never mind, I did it! Got half the contacts in manually. That is a royal PITA. But I did RTFM and figure some of it out, dialed a few folks late tonight by accident too (MMI input is NOT the most intuitive).

Thanks for all the suggestions. Hoping tomorrow brings happy wife (which to me will mean happy life).

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 09-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

yup, PITA to add them manually, but its better than nothing...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Old thread I know

But I wanted to post about my issue with bluetooth pairing and phone book issues.

I am running MMI 46.10 and was still having problems with my address book. The phone would pair fine, but it wouldn't display names with the numbers dialed, missed or incoming. I tried all kinds of things to get it to work. I finally cleared all my phone logs and presto - it all started working as it should, phone book and all.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Never too old for good news. I have to try that. Dialed Numbers function is useless in my case. Only God knows when it picked them. Most certainly not recently.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I always clear my phone logs frequently. Problem with my android phone vs. my iphone was the iphone had one set of phonebook numbers. The android phones have the built in phonebook, gmail phonebooks, skype, etc etc etc. So normally it tries to sync all those when pairing. Never once had a bluetooth issue in either of my A8's with any phone I've had though. MMI upgrade always fixed my syncing issues.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Gotime
But I wanted to post about my issue with bluetooth pairing and phone book issues.

I am running MMI 46.10 and was still having problems with my address book. The phone would pair fine, but it wouldn't display names with the numbers dialed, missed or incoming. I tried all kinds of things to get it to work. I finally cleared all my phone logs and presto - it all started working as it should, phone book and all.
By logs you like recent calls?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by enGage
By logs you like recent calls?
YEs, Your call logs - like incoming, missed, etc. Clear them all.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth/Phone issue (2006 & 2012)