AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   Component Protection Problems? Solution here! (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/component-protection-problems-solution-here-2911464/)

DocB34 12-22-2016 12:01 PM

Component Protection Problems? Solution here!

Hello Fellow Audi Owners,
I recently purchased a 2006 A8 with known issues with the MMI. I ended up buying a used one on eBay and it turned out to be a bad unit as well.. Always buy with eBay money back guarantees.. Anyways, I purchased another one and I needed the Component protection removed. My local dealer wanted 120$ just to look at it, then more money to remove the CP. After a long search online I ended up getting in contact with the guy named Jack Kirry. You can search his name on Skype and contact him through there. Jack has been amazing to work with! The best thing is, if he can't fix it he won't charge you! The trust is completely on your side, so please have some integrity..
I contacted Jack (who lives in Poland) and he told me what cable to go buy, and what computer I would need (windows 7 laptop) Within 30 minutes he had unlocked my MMI, coded my new battery and programed my unit for Bluetooth. Don't waste your money at the dealership! Give Jack a try, I think you will be happy you did!
Best of Luck!

mishar 12-22-2016 10:32 PM

As A8 owners we should protect Component Protection as it protects our cars from criminals. Advertising that CP can be removed illegally is not on that line.

haggisuk 12-23-2016 02:43 AM

There is nothing to worry about here Mishar.

All the chap in Poland is doing is connecting the car to the mothership in Germany via a clone VAS tool.

He is not doing some form of witchcraft to bypass the Component protection illegally.

If indeed the part is stolen then when he tries to remove the CP via connection to Germany it will flag up as stolen and wont be adapted to the car.

Thats all an Audi dealer does, only difference is he does it with a remote desktop connection using a cloned tool but with his legitimate login details for the Server

mishar 12-23-2016 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by haggisuk (Post 24898216)
There is nothing to worry about here Mishar.

All the chap in Poland is doing is connecting the car to the mothership in Germany via a clone VAS tool.

He is not doing some form of witchcraft to bypass the Component protection illegally.

If indeed the part is stolen then when he tries to remove the CP via connection to Germany it will flag up as stolen and wont be adapted to the car.

Thats all an Audi dealer does, only difference is he does it with a remote desktop connection using a cloned tool but with his legitimate login details for the Server

Well, that's better. Of course if it is so. How do you know that?

Besides that, it doesn't sound too patriotic to export jobs to Poland. Or China. Or Mexico. Or ... got the idea? :)

haggisuk 12-23-2016 07:28 AM

Lol Patriotic? So remind me how that goes being Canadian but driving a German car, well you did until you sailed off round the world.

mishar 12-23-2016 07:34 AM

That's easy. There are no Canadian cars. :)

Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT 12-23-2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by mishar (Post 24898311)

Nailed it !! :)

dvs_dave 12-23-2016 08:52 AM

Plenty of Canadian made cars though.

Jack88 12-23-2016 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by dvs_dave (Post 24898341)
Plenty of Canadian made cars though.

Like my Challenger. Not as comfy as the A8, though. Not sure how easy it is to find one in Greece, either. They're looked upon as a little crass by the Europeans, so not a lot of buyers.

haggisuk 12-23-2016 10:56 AM

Not quite a car but would love to try one

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...b3a483b881.jpg