A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Credit where credit is due and another step closer to the end...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit where credit is due and another step closer to the end...

Just got my car back from service for the final time before the lease return inspection this afternoon and I wanted to give my dealer, Jack Daniels Audi, another big thumbs up for the great service received in the 42 months that I had the car. And while I am sad not be be getting another Audi, I know they'll take great care of my brother and his S6 and hopefully I'll be back in the fold again soon, maybe in an R8?! :-)

We've all read about the horror stories from other D3 owners/lessors on this forum, both about AoA and the uneven quality of service received from many Audi dealers coast to coast. But I also feel credit should be given where due and JD took great care of a great car for the time I had it and I really appreciate it. The work was always done well, clearly explained, and the staff was courteous and professional.

Oh, and did I mention that the loaner I had this time was a loaded Q7 3.6 Premium with only 1,400 miles on it, complete with the rearview camera, Audi Side Assist (really cool feature), Advance Key, and Sirius. It is a really brilliant car and if we didn't need a better towing capacity for my trailer and track car, then we'd seriously consider a 4.2 Premium next year when the lease on the LX 470 ends.

So, if any of you in the NY/NJ tri-state area is looking for a good dealer for sales or service, speak to Pam Zabitz in sales (Upper Saddle River) or Greg in service (Fair Lawn). I'm not affiliated to them in any way, I'm just a satisfied customer. And yes, I wish I could say that I loved the product so much, I bought the company!

I'll let you all know what went down with the lease return inspection later today after it's finished. I just hope I won't need a proctologist afterwards! :-|
Old 03-10-2007, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Re: Credit where credit is due and another step closer to the end...

There are some fine Audi dealers out there. I have found that the ones who don't try to rip you off on service or parts usually are also a Volkswagen dealer at the same site. Howard Cooper in Ann Arbor Michigan and Williams Auto World in Lansing Michigan. I wish I could say the same for Desert Audi in Las Vegas. At least they do some limited service on Saturday although the parts counter is not officially open.

And by parts, I also mean over the counter parts only sales for back-alley mechanics like myself. Hey, there are no alleys in Las Vegas. Plus, my subdivision HOA does not allow driveway car repair.

I like your line "I wish I could say that I loved the product so much, I bought the company!" You can't be Victor Kiam though. I just Googled and seen that he died in 2001 at age 74. The Remington Micro Screen and the New England Patriots-what a combination!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True: my Audi dealer is also a VW and Porsche dealer
Old 03-11-2007, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts
Default VW and Porsche dealer

Both of the Michigan dealers I mentioned also sell Porsches.

I remember one time my son was with me and we were in the showroom and he was looking at a Porsche that was more radical than any Porsche I had ever seen. When I looked at the sticker and saw that it was $420,000.00, I yanked him back really fast!