A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03_AR_CO
Just wondering how 01134 - Alarm Horn (H12) relates to water damage?
I'm pressuming that's what it is as the plastic scuttle panel was left off and the rain filled alarm horn.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by danielb3
Hi,
I've checked all the fuses and the connections, they are all okay. I've also found out that the satnav module is not factory and has never worked! I've traced the wiring and there seem to be 5 small wires in a set of 2 and 3. The set of 2 has a red and a black which is connected to the back of the 12v socket in the boot and the set of 3 wires has two unconnected and one soldered to another module on the left hand side of the boot (I'll try and get a photo). Before I bypass the nav back to factory, does anyone know where these two unconnected wires should go, one has a red ring on it and one has an orange ring?
Strange thing is I did a few optical bus scans in a row and one showed everything as okay? Then the next showed the previous results.
I also cleared the DTC's and rescanned, which seems to have removed CP from module 17? (results attached).

Also I've tracked the following codes to a water damaged alarm and a stuck motor. Also the passenger seat isn't important at the moment.
01134 - Alarm Horn (H12)
02107 - Trunk or Luggage Compartment Opening Motor (V254)

Plan is to buy an optical loop bypass adapter for the telephone module and bypass the nav by pulling the fibres. I have tried my two local Audi dealers and one of them was busy and the other didn't know what component protection was and just left me on hold for 10 minutes before cutting me off.

Thanks,
Dan
Navigation is connected by three wires: red/white (+), white/yellow (MOST control) and brown (-). Fiber optics and antenna. Red and black wires could be from something else or just added.

You can't remove Component Protection by resetting or clearing codes. It must be done by a dealer. Not everybody at any dealership know about Component Protection. You have to go there and find the guy who knows.

Alarm horn is just under right corner of the windshield in the engine compartment. It can be flood damaged but more likely its piezo buzzer lost a contact. It can't be replaced by a simple horn.

Trunk Compartment Opening Motor can't be flood damaged unless whole car was submerged. But older motors (before later 2007) are good for nothing anyways. Newer ones, with aluminum body, are much stronger and work perfectly. Not easy to find and quite expensive as new (~$450).

Telephone Module (Bluetooth Module) can easily be flooded since it is under the driver side carpet. If you are interested I have spare one, tested and working perfectly. Just PM me.

P.S. It looks like your MMI Control Head (07) is dead too. If you add Steering Angle Sensor and ABS Module it gets very expensive. That car may be more valuable parted than repaired.

Last edited by mishar; 12-19-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Alarm horn is just under right corner of the windshield in the engine compartment. It can be flood damaged but more likely its piezo buzzer lost a contact. It can't be replaced by a simple horn.
I've already removed the module with the intention of opening it up but its a sealed unit so It'll just have to be replaced.

Trunk Compartment Opening Motor can't be flood damaged unless whole car was submerged. But older motors (before later 2007) are good for nothing anyways. Newer ones, with aluminum body, are much stronger and work perfectly. Not easy to find and quite expensive as new (~$450).
I don't think its had any water damage its just stuck. It tries to open but it doesn't move very far.

P.S. It looks like your MMI Control Head (07) is dead too. If you add Steering Angle Sensor and ABS Module it gets very expensive. That car may be more valuable parted than repaired.
That would be a shame because its had a fortune in paint and body smoothing, and it runs so well!
Dan
Old 11-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by danielb3
Hi thanks for all your replies, a bit more info. I've been told that when it went for paint the only electrical fault that it had was a faulty window switch for the nearside rear window.

The battery was flat and it was jump started using a Snapon battery booster. It did damage the engine ECU which has already been replaced by an automotive electrician. It also went to them with no electric windows or central locking. It came back with the engine ECU replaced and it running fine. They also diagnosed it with "a dead module in the boot". I fixed the electric windows and the central locking by just plugging in the drivers door module , but there are no rear lights and the MMI screen still doesn't open.
Thanks again,
Danielb3
How much was the ecu
Old 11-04-2018, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Db Bo
How much was the ecu
Search eBay for the part number mentioned (4E0907289) and find out for yourself....this thread is originally from 2013 so prices will now likely be a lot lower.