AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   Enabling comfort open/close from key on 2007 A8L (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/enabling-comfort-open-close-key-2007-a8l-2889861/)

iamdrewseph 09-30-2015 09:24 PM

Enabling comfort open/close from key on 2007 A8L

For those who have enabled this on your vehicle, is this roughly the procedure you followed? I tried this procedure tonight but was unsuccessful.

Modified the coding with no problem. While performing adaptations -in channel 61 I had a value of "34"- in which I changed first to 49 (+15) and on a later attempt, 39. No luck with either.

The links to the images in this post are also broken, so I don't have a visual reference to go by.

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Some of you have asked for a more detailed instruction on how to enable remote window&sunroof up and down feature using VAG. Here are the details with pics.

From the main menu, click on "Select Control Module"

Then choose "Central Conv."

Click on "Coding"

After a few seconds, the help window opens up with various values for each options. Remember to write down your current value before making any changes. Your soft coding number highlighted in blue below is the summation of each code in yellow window. Most US cars come without "Comfort Function via Remote". You have to add 128 to your current code to activate it. As you can see, my value is 4618397 and it includes the 128 value. Don't be surprised to see that your value is different than mine. Your value will be different depending on options and the geographical destination of your vehicle from the factory.

Now most of you will have the window down feature but still can't roll the windows up. You need to back out of the "Coding" window to the main Central Conv. window. Now instead of "Coding", choose "Adaptation".

In the box labeled Channel, manually enter "61" and then hit "Read".

After a few seconds, you once again get the help window pop up. The default value on my last two C6 had 10. As you can see, the only way you can get the value of ten is having the following two features turned on: "Comfort opening windows regulator" with a value of 2 and "Comfort opening sunroof via remote" with a value of 8. No other combination can give you a value of 10. This means that in order to turn on 001-comfort closing window and 004-comfort closing sunroof, you need to add the value 5. As you can see, my current value is already set to 15, which includes all the options mentioned above. Resist your temptation to add others. You should already have that enabled without having to add them here. Click "Do It" and check to see if both up and down function works.

The steps above were only ones I needed on my 2006. With my 2009, I still couldn't get the windows to roll down. Roll up feature worked but not the roll down. In this case, I checked Adaptation 1 through 4, which defines what each key is allowed to do. I had to add all the values (221) associated with comfort opening (front, rear and sunroof). Then everything worked fine. For most of you, this step shouldn't be necessary.

For those of you with more recent models (2009+) you can enable a cool feature called the needle sweep. Your speedo and tach needles will sweep from 0 to max and return to 0 when you turn the ignition on. From the main VAG window, click "Select Control Module" and then click on 17-Instruments. Then click on Long Coding Helper.

On line 3, click "17" and check the "Gauge Test Needle Sweep Active". Then click "Do it"

Hope this helps.

the_duke 10-01-2015 07:38 AM

Did you enable it in the MMI menu after turning it on in VCDS?

iamdrewseph 10-01-2015 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by the_duke (Post 24729071)
Did you enable it in the MMI menu after turning it on in VCDS?

That I did not. I'm assuming i'd find it under Car>Systems?

Thanks

the_duke 10-01-2015 09:18 AM

Yes.

snagitseven 10-01-2015 09:55 AM

The Vag mod creates a new menu item in the MMI. Have to enable it there to finish the task.

iamdrewseph 10-01-2015 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by the_duke (Post 24729095)
Yes.

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24729107)
The Vag mod creates a new menu item in the MMI. Have to enable it there to finish the task.

Awesome- thanks guys. Figured it was something small I was missing.