A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting sirius xm to work

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting sirius xm to work

Hello, i ordered SiriusXM, on my MMI on my 2006 A8L under the sirius menu, it only shows a siriusxm phone #... they tell me to go to channel 184 but i dont see any channels at all on screen and nothing when i push buttons, any idea what could be wrong? They have sent many signals to radio but doesnt change anything. Thank you, Kevin
Old 06-23-2018, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

It appears as if you have an incompatible Sirius or XM tuner installed. When the D3's were released, you chose, as an option which, if any satellite tuner to have installed. My '04 had no tuner. I bought one from the dealer a week after I bought the car. I chose XM.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you need a new unit, try this link, I bought a new replacement for my Sirius radio for under a hundred bucks!

OEM car radios. Factory stereo repair. Discount prices.

Good luck
Old 06-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thank you both

I have the sirius tuner in the trunk all plags are pluged in, on the MMI menu shows FM, AM SIRIUS when the push sirius it shows my radio ID# for sirius to ID and they already knew my # when they called me, im i suppose to see channel #s on that screen before i get a signal from sirius, cause they want me to go to channel 184 and i see nothing but sirius phone# for subscribers to call and my radio ID#
Old 06-27-2018, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sirius needs to send a refresh signal to your radio. You can go to sririusxm.com/refresh or send "refresh" to 77917 from your phone, they will send a text message back with a link to the website. You will need to enter your radio's serial number and they will send the refresh signal.
I just went through that on my '07, however, after the refresh I got to see all the channels, but I don't get any broadcast whatsoever, their recommendation is to got to the dealer, of course.

Good luck,

Harald
Old 06-27-2018, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Interesting, I looked up the part number XM module that would work for my car, bought a used one from an A6, plugged it in, and it worked fine! I didn't have to do a thing.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HZach
Sirius needs to send a refresh signal to your radio. You can go to sririusxm.com/refresh or send "refresh" to 77917 from your phone, they will send a text message back with a link to the website. You will need to enter your radio's serial number and they will send the refresh signal.
I just went through that on my '07, however, after the refresh I got to see all the channels, but I don't get any broadcast whatsoever, their recommendation is to got to the dealer, of course.

Good luck,

Harald
ive talked we Sirius, they've sent many signals and her answer was also my tuner must be bad, ive looked at the link and sent them my info, so i buy the right one
Old 06-28-2018, 03:47 PM
The Transporter

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quick question - do you want Sirius / XM because you really enjoy their service, or are you wanting more music than what the CD changer/radio can give you?

I purchased the XM service when I first got the vehicle as it had no AMI and thus no way to get anything other than CDs and radio (and, of course, FM transmitter with interference!). I swapped the CD changer for AMI, and got a AUX AMI cable and plugged it into a bluetooth receiver and use that to stream music; I'll be swapping that out for a Bovee bluetooth module that is compatible with the MMI system (I think) and let's me navigate with the controls (I hope). Right now I simply have my phone mounted on the dash, and control the music / video via that.

Regards
Naudi
Old 06-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a_very_naudi_guy
Quick question - do you want Sirius / XM because you really enjoy their service, or are you wanting more music than what the CD changer/radio can give you?

I purchased the XM service when I first got the vehicle as it had no AMI and thus no way to get anything other than CDs and radio (and, of course, FM transmitter with interference!). I swapped the CD changer for AMI, and got a AUX AMI cable and plugged it into a bluetooth receiver and use that to stream music; I'll be swapping that out for a Bovee bluetooth module that is compatible with the MMI system (I think) and let's me navigate with the controls (I hope). Right now I simply have my phone mounted on the dash, and control the music / video via that.

Regards
Naudi
you're right, i just want more music options, I've had XM before in another car and its ok, but paying for music sucks. Im not sure what AMI is or where to get one can you give me info please, thank you kevin. Or can you keep CD player and have AMI?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

You can have a CD player and AMI, it works just excellent. There are plenty of threads on how to retrofit it. They cost around $300 or so.