A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going Back To MB, Selling Parts Off my A8L

Old 05-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Back To MB, Selling Parts Off my A8L

Due to lack of customer service of Audi Of America and its dealers, i will be leaving back to Mercedes Benz, I have An OEM Audi Music Interface Ipod kit i will be selling only used for 4 months, and also will be selling the All Weather Black A8L Floor Mats. PM me if interested.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A8L Man
Due to lack of customer service of Audi Of America and its dealers, i will be leaving back to Mercedes Benz, I have An OEM Audi Music Interface Ipod kit i will be selling only used for 4 months, and also will be selling the All Weather Black A8L Floor Mats. PM me if interested.

What issues did you have with your A8L?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm interested in the AMI. I was looking for one for quite some time. E-mail me please Brozeeboy@gmail.com
Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would take that AMI from you as well if its not sold.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been having a on going Air bag light issue, which car has now been at dealer for 2 weeks, I am without transportation, they did not provide a loaner, and I am now fed up.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Although you are not asking for help, I just had a problem with my VW New Beetle. Rough running, Check Engine light and ton's of erratic faults. It then heals itself and then it performs badly again. Dealer also couldn't fix it but they appeared to make it run good for a couple of months before it failed again. Finally, I got an airbag warning light too. It eneded up throwng the airbag fault saying the seat belt buckle for the driver had an open in the circuit that decides to fast or slow deplay the airbag during a front impact accident.

I took the seat out and found that the wiring from the buckle rubbed against the seat which wore the insulation away on all four wires from the seat belt buckle. After repairing the wiring no airbag light and no check engine light and all is well.

A weird short to ground can screw with ECU's and the data bus that's for sure.

Last edited by Mister Bally; 05-16-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I guess it depends on where you are. I've gotten much better service from my Audi dealer than I did my Mercedes Benz dealer. My Merc was in much more often and even though it was under warranty, they always seemed to find a way to charge for something.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rowlie
I guess it depends on where you are. I've gotten much better service from my Audi dealer...
I think that's an important point. I have a great Service Advisor that always explains things in detail and offers me options. The A8 Tech is extremely knowledgeable, very capable, and is free-flowing with advice when I solicit it. They are so good (service and price) that I've never had a reason to take my beauty to the German indie shop here in town. I've visited them and spoken to them - I just haven't taken my car to them.

When I read between the lines of some of the posts here, and on other forums, there is a definite factor to be considered. I find it really disappointing when a dealer doesn't seem to provide the level of expertise they should. Notice that I didn't say satisfaction. Sometimes expectations can be unrealistic (I'm not referring to you, A8L Man. It's just an observation).

I suspect that if my tech were to part ways with the dealer, I would be honestly concerned. I'm pretty sure that not just anyone can step up and be an expert on these cars.

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth...

p.s. If you have a great SA and Tech (dealer or indie), take a few moments to let them know. They would appreciate it, I'm sure.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Best of luck

Although you never disclosed all the facts on your situation and never heard the outcome on your ordeal, best of luck
just don't forget it was your particular car the one with the issue not Audi in general. this can easily be the same situation with Benz and the outcome would be equally unhappy for you.
last thing you posted was the used car dealer stepping up and taking care of this, what happened?.
In another note, the S class is quite superior car in any way shape or form
specially when it comes to cost of ownership is definitely way above the rest.
am interested to see your new ride when you get it.
best of luck.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an occasional issue with the airbag light on my wife's Touareg for the front passenger seat.
I believe it is a cable routing issue under the seat and if the seat is moved too far forward or back it causes a poor connection and trips the light.

I have yet to remove the seat to have a look as right now it is fine but VW insist her car is new enough to have a revised loom which should have cured the problem. I am slightly nervous about looking at airbag wiring due to the possibility of triggering one and the dangers and problems that would cause. Is there a 'safe' way of working with them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going Back To MB, Selling Parts Off my A8L