A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads Up - Control Head Reset! ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Heads Up - Control Head Reset! ...

I've had a few 'battery flats' over the years but the one I had two days ago reset my Control Head to some sort of factory default!

When I got the car started, the MMI and DIS text were in German and a lot of the options on the MMI Setup screen were missing.

I susbsequently discovered that the CH's 'Coding' was reset to 0000000 [a non-valid option] and some or all of my Adaptation channels had been reset.

Sadly, I'd never taken note of the channels [there's a VCDS option to do this], so I'm struggling to get all the menus reset to reflect what I've got in my car. [I obviously know the coding from AutoScan output that I've kept, although it only really selects the language - UK is '2'. I didn't realise that the ECU's adapation values could ever get reset, so I never bothered to save the values for my car].

Thus; if you've got VCDS, you might like to dump your CH adaptation data to a .CSV file while you can.

Julian
Old 12-14-2017, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

It's good to know.
Thanks,
Louis
Old 08-31-2019, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys Please help Educate me ...

Wanted to say hello still having issue with adaptation ,coding , basic setting / Mmi is still not performing yes i ordered as recommended VST came with some BS software doesn't work the same sh%t that got me into this problem its driving me insane / trying to correct with obd 11 can anybody help with MMI adaptation list of the codes .. and may somebody shed some light on how the long coding is supposed to look yes im asking for a lot ,you guys are amazing / Just so you know i tried Audi Scottsdale, Audi Chandler ,and Audi Tucson .. they all game me the same bull**** spill /on how they dont know how to clear componet protection and i have to buy all new electronics / for a couple thousand dollars what Shame / this was the review write up (
Absolutely Disgusted Absolute horrific experience at Audi of Tucson, service manager zero to no knowledge of what's going on what a schmuck , the parts department was absolutely disgusting to engage with a representative that was pouting, with this pompous *** attitude with absolutely not a sense at all of what's going on , what a horrific experience will never come back may consider never buying another Audi. What a shame.... Yours Truly A8 4.2L Master Mechanic. Absolutely disgusted ) Been through alot i think i may be able to bypass componet protection if i could just get this adaptation and long coding corrected /

please help guys Thank you Indo 2004 Audi A8 4.2L D3

Old 09-01-2019, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Indoblaze
Wanted to say hello still having issue with adaptation ,coding , basic setting / Mmi is still not performing ...

Been through alot i think i may be able to bypass componet protection if i could just get this adaptation and long coding corrected /

please help guys Thank you Indo 2004 Audi A8 4.2L D3
Sorry 'Indoblaze', but it's not clear what you're asking

Would be helpful to viewers if you explained what trouble you're having, with some examples.

You mention Component Protection, but what CP problem[s] have you got? [There are two types - codes 2084 & 2095. one's temporary and one's permannent]

Julian

Last edited by JulianHicks; 09-01-2019 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Adaptation code list

Need adaption codes... long coding screen shots

Old 09-03-2019, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Information requested

What boxes need to be checked or uncheck....