A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many Michigan members here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by audijim113
Speaking of Michigan, is anyone on the forum involved in politics or even know what a state political convention is? If so, I'm wondering if anyone will be at the Republican party state convention this weekend in Lansing?

Not to get "political" on you, but for those unaware, the primary Aug 7, did not include ballot positions for Secretary of state, Attorney General, MI Supreme court judges, trustees for MSU, UM and Wayne, plus members of the state board of Ed. The general public does not vote for these in the primary. They are voted on by people like me who are precinct delegates at the state convention. A prec del is elected in the primary to represent his precinct (about 1,000 voters). It is a completely volunteer position.

Once elected at respective (both Democrat and Republican) conventions, names of Secy state, AJ, etc. appear on the November ballot for the general election.

For those of us in Michigan who drive Audis (regardless how old) and aren't crazy about vehicle registration fees based on the original MSRP cost, I hope to have the ear of the Sec of State. I'll be lobbying him or her to allow registration fees to go down based on the current Kelly BB value, not the original selling price. I just paid $305.00 for my wife's 1998 A8. It never goes down, even if the reg fee is more than the value of the car. My D3 is in the same range.
Oh, I hate that so much. My Challenger is worth 4-5 times what the Audi is but registration is twice as much for the A8. It's ridiculous. At least the old Camaro cost a pittance to register.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
Oh, I hate that so much. My Challenger is worth 4-5 times what the Audi is but registration is twice as much for the A8. It's ridiculous. At least the old Camaro cost a pittance to register.
preach it! Just paid over $400 for mine a few weeks ago. I love depreciation, just wish it would hit the registration fees as well.

And dont even get get me started on no-fault insurance....
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I hear people complain about insurance, vehicle registration and of course price of gas. However, the same people, if asked about anything related to politics don't want to talk, whether is be national or state. On some forums, I hear, "Don't go talking about politics, we don't want to hear about it. Go to a forum that deals with politics". The problem is most of the things people complain about are all related to government, regulations and of course, taxes. In Michigan, not only do we have the highest insurance in the nation, but our gas price is near the top. Why? Taxes! None of these things will ever change unless people get involved, especially young people. I hate to think the world my grandchildren will live in when they grow up.

By "involved", I don't mean rioting, beating up someone because you don't like the hat he is wearing, tearing down monuments and my personal favorite, is physically attacking someone who dares to offer a different viewpoint on a college campus. Most of what I'm talking about revolves in your state. In my case, it's Michigan. Involvement can simply be connecting with others locally. There are lots of them. Oh, and don't ever expect to become aware of what's going on by reading the fake news whether it be local, small town or big time, major publications. As for TV news.... what a waste.