A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's my turn... low rider

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, I have used them on 2 struts and it solved my leaking problems. From others, it sounds like a 50/50 chance it will work. The leak could be come the brass connector, an internal rubber seal, the bag itself, or at the valve block. At least the orings are a cheap fix, and the bottom one is fairly easy to change.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so to end my story....

the right front was slammed and then the left front was slammed - at least it looked symmetrical now.

then the transmission begin to slip in 1st gear....

ended up selling car to CarMax for pennies....sad day but saved me $ in repair bill.

so no more Audi for now, may return w another A8. ended going w midlife crisis car (911S)

thanks to all!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by cclcal
so to end my story....

the right front was slammed and then the left front was slammed - at least it looked symmetrical now.

then the transmission begin to slip in 1st gear....

ended up selling car to CarMax for pennies....sad day but saved me $ in repair bill.

so no more Audi for now, may return w another A8. ended going w midlife crisis car (911S)

thanks to all!
It's smart and gutsy to know when to throw in the towel, cut loss and move on. Good luck on your new car.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 05-14-2018, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Richard Meisel from the Youtube channel who watched my videos and just did his air bag without a hitch. He recommended to remove the 41mm nut while the strut is still mounted in the car, accessing from the hood... So nice that people share experiences. Yes, so much easier.
Ok just finished the job. Your video is exelent but ther is just one thing that kan be done easier. Inthe video you are having some troubles with the 41 mm bolt. When the strut is still mounted in the car you can acces the bolt from under the hood and you can take it strait of. All is well again,10 sec from comfort to lift Tear the strut down and yes there was a hole in it.����
Cheers,
Louis
Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
Richard Meisel from the Youtube channel who watched my videos and just did his air bag without a hitch. He recommended to remove the 41mm nut while the strut is still mounted in the car, accessing from the hood... So nice that people share experiences. Yes, so much easier.

Cheers,
Louis
Hy guys the 41 mm bolt is indeed much easyer to loosen when the strut is still in the car,but only loosen it , because if you remove it complete the strut falls down.
And yes its a pretty strait forward job, the most work is the removal of the strut and in my case that srupidly designed pinch bolt that broke of.
I wil leave overnight in lift mode an jack mode and we will see in the morning.
ps : Dvorack =Richard Meisel from the Netherlands

Last edited by Dvorack; 05-14-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Great tip! Tbh, that looked like a real chore and the sort of thing that with my luck would escalate to the point of getting stuck halfway through and then having to have the car transported to a shop to fix anyway.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Great tip! Tbh, that looked like a real chore and the sort of thing that with my luck would escalate to the point of getting stuck halfway through and then having to have the car transported to a shop to fix anyway.
No, it really isnt just look at the video of 3dogs1monkey on utube its really an eassy job to do.
The only problem i had was a stuck pinch bolt.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The actual work of replacing bad parts is easy, the troubleshooting to find the real bad parts is hard, it needs logic and patience, hence most people just replaced everything on the VCDS list hoping to hit the right one.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 05-15-2018, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Dvorack
No, it really isnt just look at the video of 3dogs1monkey on utube its really an eassy job to do.
The only problem i had was a stuck pinch bolt.
Yes, I was referring to the loosening of the 41mm nut with the strut out of the car. It was clearly a struggle in the vid, and the sort of task that could easily turn into a show stopper. Doing it whilst it’s in the car, relative piece of cake!
Old 05-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Quick Reply: It's my turn... low rider