A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low voltage battery caused; no crank, no start

Old 01-12-2019, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

I wouldn't open any thing, if it's working before, then it just has something to do with the battery. Don't rely on VCDS printouts, it's extremely stupid, then the battery is dead, the control system disconnects all things, and everything shows failure. Clear all failures and let the system does its thing. There must be a flag set somewhere that prevents the system to see 0v with a new battery.
Everything is on because of the new battery, turn everything off to see if it starts. Then Power management doesn't see the power.
Trace back and don't introduce new problems by doing blindly with wrong stuff. You've done enough.

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 01-12-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltooz_a6_a8_q7
pen any thing, if it's working before, then it just has something to do with the battery. Don't rely on VCDS printouts, it's extremely stupid, then the battery is dead, the control system disconnects all things, and everything shows failure. Clear all failures and let the system does its thing. There must be a flag set somewhere that prevents the system to see 0v with a new battery.
Everything is on because of the new battery, turn everything off to see if it starts. Then Power management doesn't see the power.
Trace back and don't introduce new problems by doing blindly with wrong stuff. You've done enough.
I appreciate your Insight and your advice

Last edited by tony51; 01-12-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

FWIW I've never coded my battery after I replaced it with the new Walmart battery almost 2 years ago. After a week parking outside with the low 30F for many nights, this morning, started with a click, turned it off, restarted right up, the MMI showed 10% then in 3 minutes at idle, came back up to 100%. I do have many devices drawing currents. The system is smart enough to know when and how to charge and maintain the battery. To me, if you have to code the new battery, your system is broken or messing up the system by coding it with mistake. I do test battery charging systems for a living, although it's only 8V battery.
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi/repla...3-battery.html
Cheers,
Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 01-12-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT
Yes it is showing IMMO on, did you try a second key, are you using push button start or key in slot ?
How is terminal # 15 relay, see link starting around post #52.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...-work-2905353/
Ty for your reply.
Yes I tried a second key,and my car is 'key in slot'(2004 Audi A8L 4.2 Quattro).
I'm looking over the link you sent starting at#52, a lot going on there! Sheesh!lol
Old 01-13-2019, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

FWIW I've never coded my battery after I replaced it with the new Walmart battery almost 2 years ago. After a week parking outside with the low 30F for many nights, this morning, started with a click, turned it off, restarted right up, the MMI showed 10% then in 3 minutes at idle, came back up to 100%. I do have many devices drawing currents. The system is smart enough to know when and how to charge and maintain the battery. To me, if you have to code the new battery, your system is broken or messing up the system by coding it with mistake. I do test battery charging systems for a living, although it's only 8V battery.
Replace Audi A8 D3 Battery ? Audi
Cheers,
Louis
cool,no coding going on over here!.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Read GG post and the ones before that. Check the brake switch after the big fuse.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

unhooked L&R CAN connector,after plugging back in the R side,car started up no problem...
Installed OEM compressor from a donor car..Allgood in my world finally !! I got my babybackbabyback!!
A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ANY INFO/SUGGESTIONS OFFERED..MUCH APPRECIATED!!
P.S. Sorry not much documentation and or Pics/videos..Pittsburgh Pa.Freezing Cold weather,lack of a garage,And a Beautiful 10mo.old Baby Boy 'LiL Angelo' Keeping us busy,did not allow for tackling these problems in a timely manner!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Things just don't die over night... Trust your Audi's engineering. Glad you didn't butcher the car using VCDS.
Cheers,
Louis
Old 01-17-2019, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad you didn't butcher the car using VCDS.
Cheers,
Louis
Louis, you really need to cut out the preaching on that. It has its uses and while it isn't always what you need, it never hurts to have more data. You sound like the old guy at the shop that refuses to work on anything that isn't carbureted. You often have helpful suggestions, but that isn't one of them.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Louis, you really need to cut out the preaching on that. It has its uses and while it isn't always what you need, it never hurts to have more data. You sound like the old guy at the shop that refuses to work on anything that isn't carbureted. You often have helpful suggestions, but that isn't one of them.
LOL True

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low voltage battery caused; no crank, no start