A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Massage seat retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default working

Hi,

Did you ever get this massage function working? What was the trick?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Just an FYI, I've had my '04 for over nine years now with heated, ventilated massaging front seats. I use the massage feature at most, three times a year. The passenger side gets used zero times and Mrs. Bally among other passengers do not care about it. IMO, do not waste your time or money on this feature. Now, the heat and ventilation features are used constantly six+ months out of the year.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Just an FYI, I've had my '04 for over nine years now with heated, ventilated massaging front seats. I use the massage feature at most, three times a year. The passenger side gets used zero times and Mrs. Bally among other passengers do not care about it. IMO, do not waste your time or money on this feature. Now, the heat and ventilation features are used constantly six+ months out of the year.
+10000

Had it on my W12 and the A8. The "massaging" seats are a joke. All it is, is a rolling lumbar and depending on what car or seats you have it is barely noticeable. It was a tad more noticeable in my W12 with the nappa leather seats vs the standard A8 with the standard leather.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default massage function

Hey i recently purchased a used 2006 Audi a8L and fell in love with everything about this car. But for some reason i cannot seem to get the massage function to work. i have the button on the side but it does not respond. im not sure if the heat and cooling work either but im sure it does on the passenger side. The menu comes up with and allows me to control both sides but i dont feel anything on the driver side. When i received the vehicle the air strut went out a week later, since its used-as is i must pay half....300 bucks. Other than that it a a dream come true. When i press the massage button should it say anything on the mmi, do i have to be in the ac menu to enable massage. do i have to be stopped??
Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

If your lumbar mechanism is not working, then you won't feel it. Massage doesn't have levels just a round button. If it works, lean back and feel the lumbar moving in and out.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Orlando Smith
Hey i recently purchased a used 2006 Audi a8L and fell in love with everything about this car. But for some reason i cannot seem to get the massage function to work. i have the button on the side but it does not respond. im not sure if the heat and cooling work either but im sure it does on the passenger side. The menu comes up with and allows me to control both sides but i dont feel anything on the driver side. When i received the vehicle the air strut went out a week later, since its used-as is i must pay half....300 bucks. Other than that it a a dream come true. When i press the massage button should it say anything on the mmi, do i have to be in the ac menu to enable massage. do i have to be stopped??
If the lumbar is lowered and small, you may not feel it. Try this...
before you press the message button, expand the lumbar out until you feel it in your back...then move it up away from the seat....then press the button.

Our family loves this option and it gets used every time we are in the car. Great feature...shame folks don't adjust it and then try it out.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Aceler8
If the lumbar is lowered and small, you may not feel it. Try this...
before you press the message button, expand the lumbar out until you feel it in your back...then move it up away from the seat....then press the button.

Our family loves this option and it gets used every time we are in the car. Great feature...shame folks don't adjust it and then try it out.
+1
I myself at first thought "this is crap", then I moved the lumbar out with the 4 way switch, and it is very noticeable after.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default reply to lumbar out

i need to become more active, i had no idea i would get answers. thanks for the responses. i will be more regular here now. I tried the lumbar adjustment and i still dont feel anything. i do not have heated or cooled seats working on my drivers seat, heated works on the passenger. Neither side notices massage. i will try again and be more tedious with it however i tend to believe the problem would be in a relay or mechanism that powers heated/cooled and massage. The panel switches on the inside has the massage button on the same unit as the seat movement. Testing the seat with a multimeter at all points would be hassle-some but worth it if its the only way.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Always buy car with the options you must have. The massage turns off after 10-15 minutes, it must be controlled by the controller. The controller may share the same button with the air cool seat. Changing the controller may need to activate the options. It's not plug and play as one might think.
The timer on the massage seats are a safety issue, they don't design it stupidly.