A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMI Menus Missing

Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI Menus Missing

Last week I purchased a 2005 A8, which has its share of issues. Most obvious of which, they had spilled soda on the MMI controls, so it was completely dead.

After a week of silent driving, the replacement part came in today, and MMI came alive! However, when I go to the Car menu, I do not have the Systems or User submenus like it shows in the manual. There's just nothing there, only Version in the bottom right and some basic settings. I can't check tire pressures, change air suspension, or anything.

Any ideas on what's going on here? I'm going to order VCDS, but is there anything I could do in the meantime?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am with you on this as I have a similar issue. I purchased a 2004 A8L about 3 weeks ago and my MMI does absolutely nothing when I press the car button. I started to think that maybe it was the circuit board in the center console that had some liquid spilled on it so I pulled it apart and cleaned the board with circuit board cleaner. switch still looked and felt fine and when it went back together all hopes were shot down by an empty click of the non active car button.

Really concerned that someone could have went into programing with VCDS and turned off/deleted all menus and access to the car menu. just a few days ago as well my active air suspension green indicator light stays on constantly now and it never was before unless traveling 80mph on the highway. The front of the car still raises and lowers when it starts but the rear looks to stay low.

Ultimately I get the feeling my car has been messed with before by someone trying to hide something. I have searched the internet and not been able to come up with 1 situation where this has happened before. would love to find someone in my area with VCDS to see if it shows anything.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I would do a google search for "hidden menu audi 2g" Under that is a "Menu Maske" section. I would check that for stuff that is turned off.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

It happened to me, too. The most frustrating thing was that I could not raise or lower the car, because the adaptive suspension menu didn't show up anymore.

I think this happens in particular and rare situations (like a short in MMI console electronics, generated by a spilled liquid).

I reactivated the menus like richard-tx indicated.